1999 Volvo S80 Q&A

1999 Volvo S80 Question: List of all parts needed to replace front upper strut mount

I need to replace the strut mount since it is coming through the hood of my car. Trying to buy parts online but I'm confused because there are so many parts other than the strut mount. Do I need a coil spring seat, bushing, etc or can I just buy a strut mount. Or is there a kit complete with all of these parts? -
Answer 1
You have to remove the entire strut assembly so you may want to replace the struts and the strut plates. You normally only need to replace the upper mount: http://www.fcpgroton.com/product-exec/product_id/6653/nm/Volvo_S80_Spring_Seat_OEM_99_04_/category_id/185 But it sounds like it has been bad for awhile so you may have damaged other parts, so it's hard to say what else is needed. -
Comment 1
Thanks for the link to that store! -