Lincoln Town Car Reviews

Lincoln Town Car Reviews and Owner Comments

I understand that this car has a reoccuring problem with Seat belt pretensioner. Fixing it only last months. Isn't there a recall...who do I contact over this. I will not fix this again. Pull fuse and drive. Total disreguard for safety. Good job,Ford!
I purchased my Lincoln from elderly neighbours. It was always garaged and well maintained. Rarely driven, it had 33 000 miles on it when I bought it two years ago. I had heard that they were super reliable and would run 200 000mi as NYC taxis and airport limos. At 35 000 the rocker arm fractured on the expressway at 72MPH. VERY expensive repair. Now the air has stopped working and the fan roars on AUTO trying to keep the vehicle cool. What a disappointment. At 38 500 no air. Another expensive repair coming up. Considering how long this model has been around, these kinds of repairs are a disgrace to Ford Motor Company. Love the car, wanted one for years, and now just a huge disappointment. Now I do not trust it!
This Car is quite the creampuff. You can usually fine them in good shape for about 3k with good miles and a few issues. If your lucky enough to find one grab it. You will enjoy the comraderee. Look up for all of your repair issues and research the year, make and models available. Good luck.
Good vehicle it's quality at best. The town car runs smooth at 203,000 miles no weird noise or issues out of vehicle love the color of exterior (champagne metallic.,). Ever since had my car has gotten best city mileage and impressive highway mileage it's a well excellent car. Common problems known for these cars and other Lincolns the suspensions aren't so good seen quite town cars in neighborhood with bad suspension problems got mines repaired. It's full luxurious love every available option got equipped on my Town car very peppy feels like a Cadillac but bypass the feeling driving my old faithful Lincoln. Took a trip to Palm Springs FL averaged 22-25mpg Hwy and in city driving average 18-20mpg city driving. The car always gets wonderful maintenance there are no cracks on dashboard or interior problems. Runs forever even get a smooth cruising ride like a yacht though it's a 99 vehicle seems bit technology for a 16 year old car but it's very reliable not going to lie because had the car for last 9 years never given me a problem. I would buy another Town car in a heartbeat purchased from an authorized dealership here in Pittsburgh got best deal car is dependable driving at 203,000 miles still purrs every time driving around town et ready on replaced 3rd set of tires for it and changed oil with 5w30 Synthetic no oil leaks or stalling issues.
even though I'm buying a newer car I love this yacht. The only issues that needed to be improved on in this year are: window gears egr syste rear air bags. I have replaced the air bags with coilsprings, and am constantly cleaning my egr valve. Also do my own repair on window gears
I really love my 1999 signature series Lincoln Town Car 5 years I have had this one this is my third one I spent $3,800 total I plan on running this for a few more years and then I will look for a signature L maybe in 2011 because not making them anymore truthfully I cannot see myself not having a town car in my life I recommend before getting one do your homework and check your car faxes make sure it's from a reputable company they will last highway miles a great in my city it's fair would like a little better but I use it when I need to use it's Hollywood white and is really pretty car awesome right I have it set up baby limousine styleI wish I could post a picture
I love these cars, I have owned 6. I have a 2000 executive and before this i had a 2000 signature. Ive learned alot about them..grease grease grease!. Ford wasnt clever with the front ends, no grease fittings. I have learned to grease everything on the whole front steering/suspension system, bushings..everything. If not, you get all the typical creeks and things wear out alot faster. Change the antifreeze and flush the system every year..otherwise youll be in for a huge labor job with having the heater core replaced..and any little mistakes and u might end up with your heat/ac stuck on high. the wet floors arent always the heater core, and ive never had the moonroof leaks..but the gasket under the hood up near the windshield can cause wet floors. also the doors get filled with gunk..take out the plugs, otherwise your electrical stuff...window motors..can short out when the doors fill with water lol. only replace balljoints with ones that have grease fittings. I love my towncars, and wouldnt drive anything else. They run great, keep the oil clean and you can easily get 500k miles. oh did i mention some little tranny issue..they sometimes jerk or buck long as your fluid level is right..its fine.a few more things, grease the tracks for the power seats, and sometimes the wire just needs a jiggle if seats wont work. If your rear air ride suspension goes..convert it to regular shocks..the cars sit higher in the back, look nicer and i dont think it rides any different.
I love my 1999 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series. It has 92,000 miles and I only have two problems; leaking on passenger side (simple gasket fix - video online) and my heater core just went out (have video on how to repair without removal of dash).
I bought this car used.Now has 185,000 miles. Runs good but very poor gas mileage at 10.1 city, 22-23 hwy. I hear of people getting better city buy no one seems to have an answer how to boost my city mileage. Any answer out there I would appreciate. I am 78 years old and lot of city driving shopping and Doctor appoinments. ANY ONE HELP !!! Its a 1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series.
Had a '95 that ran up to 489,000 miles before a chronic problem with the "blend door" (?) makes the A/C useless. So I sold it. Now I miss it; especially the adjustable power steering switch and the nice riding rear air suspension. Sure, I changed the Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil and Mobil 1 Oil Filter every 10,000 miles whether it needed it or not. A K & N Air filter and a light right foot helped me get 34 mpg on the highway with the air off and 29 with it on. Now I have a 2005 and want to know about the Lemon Law in FLA. Front Suspension in the shop three times in one year, A/C blows hot on a hot day, replacing the plugs isn't as easy as it was in the '95 by any means (there's a boot and a wire and the plug and all eight are over $460). Additionally, the rear suspension feels real tight and I was interested to read the input from Aug 2013 from the fellow who put in Gabriel shocks from a '84-'85 Regal (?) to soften the ride. I just put in a new Alternator and both power lumbar switches have failed on the front seats. The button to open the door armrest storage compartment has popped off and the springs flew off too. I have had more than one replacement headlight assy as they seem to fill up with condensation easily and you have to go get another from Ford for $564 each. The cruise control only switches on if you press down on the button several times first. The CD Player skips on brand spankin new CD's, The power door lock buttons don't come all the way up on the rear doors, but if I were in an accident, there is no other vehicle on the road (except the International CXT) that I'd rather be in. Here's the kicker, just came from the shop and have been informed that the rear axle and bearings are loosening, scoring, or coming apart (?) and will cost over $1500 to rectify. Who knows, maybe I can find a used CXT......
I really do like my car, but I have my concerns. Get ready if you have a sunroof, but I am not sure if my water leak in the rear passenger floorboard is coming from the roof. I have tried having the sunroof sealed and still have water in the flowboard when it rains. Next, I have this strange rattling noise in the dash area when you reach 50 mph driving, I also have a delay in my AC starting, and then it starts blowing hot air first. Finally, my dash lights are all out. The seat bottom section will not move upward or backwards, but the top section of the seat will adjust.
I'm the second owner of my 2003 Town Car and bought it with 23,000 miles on it in 2007 and have only done routine maintenance on this car. It has 135,000 miles now and I have not had any major issues with the car. I recently replaced the shocks, struts, air compressor and drier, and the solenoids to keep the classic Lincoln air suspension riding smoothly. The air compressor was getting noisy and that's a sign it's about to fail. You can buy the complete kits online pretty cheaply. Don't let anybody talk you into changing out the suspension for coil springs. Big mistake. Nothing rides like a Lincoln. This is my 5th Lincoln and the best car I have ever owned. I'm 58 and my kids think it's an older man's car, but there is no other car they would rather ride in when we go on a long trip. Lincoln erred when they stopped making this model, and my next car will be another lightly used Town Car purchased from a more senior citizen!
I do not think you can find a more universal car . mine an 02 signature limited has 175 k on it its had some wear issues, like most cars brakes, tires, o2sensors shocks. It has lots of room averages 20 mpg city & highway 25 mpg highway if you keep it at 60 mph.Parts are very reasonable has a big trunk everybody says what a classy car it has that big car ride and feel . Here is the best part I paid $6300.00 from a chevy dealer in 09 it had 89 k on it. It was sad to see ford stop making them.
Bought a well-worn 1994 with 150000, for $1300. Good looking car, always garaged, but maintenance was neglected pretty bad. Major issue is the blend door actuator, heat stays on full time, so I disconnect the heater in spring/summer, not a major deal really; and the rear axles replaced ($1400) Replaced the valve stem seals and a few odds and ends. Ive got about $4000 tied up in it, but with 189000 miles, I wouldn't want a better riding highway car. Daily commute is 65 miles. I get an honest 23.3 per the computer, about 85% highway driving. I plan on keeping it as my last car(I'm 66 now.) I figure I'm at the break even point on repair cost vs making a car payment. From here on it's money in the bank. Very sturdy car. Cab company nearby uses Town Cars for their daily work, owner told me he gets 400,000 before even considering an upgrade. Amazingly durable cars. Done nothing to it in the past year except replaced the brake pads on front.($59) It does use oil, but no smoke from tailpipe: I gladly feed its quart a month habit.
I have invested about 3500 dollars into the car in the last year. And yes I do understand that it is an older version. But I was told these are excellent cars and worth investment. Well last night the car had smoke coming from 3 parts of the car the drivers side near the mirror, the radiator, and under the plastic flap near the tranny. Now I am not sure if this car is worth continuing the investment. If I could please have some advice as was told it may be the head gasket and I am not sure....smoke comes from each area and its leaking oil and radiator fluid???
Unfortunately for this fellow, he did not really understand what was "wrong" about his 2009 Town Car. I recently purchased a 2004 TC Ultimate and it too rode like a "truck". I've driven and owned several Lincolns form the 80's on up, so I know how they should ride. Today I fixed the problem. For some strange reason, Ford chose to equip the air ride rear suspension on later model TC's with overly stiff, heavy duty OEM shocks that are way, way, way to stiff on the compression stroke. They are almost as bad on the rebound. When dismounted, it practically took a gorilla to compress them! I replaced them with the cheapest Gabriel shocks I could find at the nearest store, for an 84-85 Buick Regal. They had a very easy compression stroke and a mild rebound. It took a little juggling with the top rubber bushings and I got some 3/4 inch steel sleeves and new bolts for the bottom mount to adapt it to the Lincoln. I noticed the dramatic difference before I reached the end of the driveway. Now it rides like an air ride Lincoln should, and it actually handles better without all that jarring stiffness in the rear. It really changed the entire manner of the vehicle. I suppose some shock manufacturer makes shocks meant to fit that series TC that are not as stiff as OEM, but I could not find them at the very nearest store so I got the skinny cheap Gabriel's and it worked wonders.
Purchased this 2003 Lincoln in 06 with 30,000. Now have 93,000. Great car. Gets 26-27mpg on highway and low 20s combined. Change oil every 3000 to 4000. No issues other than what I consider routine. Had to replace rear shocks, brakes. One of the buttons on the Home Link garage door opener broke but that's it. Drives great. Lots of room. Best car I've every owned. I'm in my early 60s. Kids say it's an old man's car but I don't care. Fits me like and old shoe. Plan on putting on at least 200,000 miles. Shouldn't be a problem. I've seen them with over 500,000 miles. Very unappreciated vehicle. Wish they Ford still made them.
I had the 97 Town Car (Lincoln #7) and it was in an accident in March 2011. The Acura slammed into the rear right quarter pannel, spent around,hit the front right fender, spent around, and landed on the front bumper. Through all of this, the Lincoln was totaled, BUT, there was NO broken glass and noone in my car was seriously hurt, no broken bones, no broken glass on the car and we walked away from the accident scene. If you want a car to protect your family, buy a TOWN CAR.
this car is still driving with 185609 miles only regular minus repair like replacement light brakes sensor i drive 3 times a year to vT AND 1 TIMES WENT TO CANADA WHEN THE CAR HAD ABOUT 170000 MILES SO I BAY IT WITH 37522 IN EXCELLENT CONDITION I PLAN TO GO BACK TO CANADA EASY
I have owned six town cars and had good luck until I got this 2009 town car. I went unto the lot and saw this car I loved the ride on my 2003 town car.This is a lincoln so I did not try it out when i started home it rides like a pick up truck.I have had to three dealers had all new shocks every one agrees it rides ruff but no one has the answer how to soften the ride.I have called lincoln they will not let me talk to the people who designed this system so I am done with ford I am buying a new truck in the spring it will not be a ford.
This car is the "Ultimate" trim, a step above the Cartier and was only made for the 2004 model year. I got this car in a private sale in July 2012 with 41,000 miles on it and literally driven by a little old lady. It is the ultimate cream puff. 24 mpg on the highway and it rides like a cloud. It has every option available on a Town Car and was in showroom condition. It rides and drives out perfectly and I've put 12,000 miles on it by December and I love this car more than any other Town Car I've ever had. It has been problem-free and I love driving it. It's identical to a 2011 and is mistaken for a brand new car all the time. I can't say enough good things about Bruce!
As my first Town Car, I love it. At 21 years old it drives like riding on a cloud. The only downside is the clear coat is chipping, and the leather on the drivers seat is cracked. On the other hand it has plenty of power thanks to its 4.6l and is built to last. This car is a tank. Wouldn't think of getting rid of this car for a long time.
I am the second owner of this TC. I 'inherited' it from a friend. It now has over 322,000 miles on it and is still going strong. I have had little to do in the way major repairs - the most expensive being we did away with the air suspension once it squatted so we wouldn't have to worry with that issue again. It was much more cost effective to do away with it than to repair the air ride. As old as it is it still rides smooth with regular suspension, not like brand new, but smoother than a lot of newer cars I have been in recently for sure. Just wish those cupholders were in a different place though!
I am 70 years old, and have bought many cars in my life. The 2003 lincoln towne car is the best car I have ever owned. It now has a 105,000 miles, and the car performs as well as it did when I boughr it. Looking forward to the next 100,000 miles.
On my way to work, my car begin to come to a jolting stop on it's on. The car would not move out of the middle of the road. All the gears worked so it can't be the transmission. We tried putting it in neutral and having another car try to push it from the back and nothing moved still. What could the problem be???
i need to replace the fuel door release button.I have the part,how do i remove and replace.
I have a 2001 Lincoln Towncar that won't start. Its getting fire all the fuel pump and lines are open. I have 137,000 miles. Any suggestion what the problem could be.
I have a 2004 Signature series with 125000 miles on it. I have not driven the car much in the past year, but it ran fine when i parked it a week ago now it cranks fine but no start. How does a car fail just sitting there? This car is in immaculate condition & all service is up to date. wtf is what i say.
i own a 1994 and a 1998 town car executive series. i love them both the interior in both is still mint and i have had the air ride disabled in both still gives a great ride. i have had ac issues the 98 had to have new compressor and 94 has a bda problem to work out. my daughter drives a 2001 and i prefer my older cars even though it is a great car too. good for large families