Reviews for Lincoln Town Car years:

Lincoln Town Car Reviews and Owner Comments

Lincoln Town CarOwner Reviews (65 reviews)
  • 1995 Lincoln Town Car
    , Greenville, SC, March 29, 2015 15:20
    even though I'm buying a newer car I love this yacht. The only issues that needed to be improved on in this year are: window gears egr syste rear air bags. I have replaced the air bags with coilsprings, and am constantly cleaning my egr valve. Also do my own repair on window gears
    , Harrisburg, PA, March 19, 2015 19:50
    I really love my 1999 signature series Lincoln Town Car 5 years I have had this one this is my third one I spent $3,800 total I plan on running this for a few more years and then I will look for a signature L maybe in 2011 because not making them anymore truthfully I cannot see myself not having a town car in my life I recommend before getting one do your homework and check your car faxes make sure it's from a reputable company they will last highway miles a great in my city it's fair would like a little better but I use it when I need to use it's Hollywood white and is really pretty car awesome right I have it set up baby limousine styleI wish I could post a picture
    , Webster, MA, March 14, 2015 23:58
    I love these cars, I have owned 6. I have a 2000 executive and before this i had a 2000 signature. Ive learned alot about them..grease grease grease!. Ford wasnt clever with the front ends, no grease fittings. I have learned to grease everything on the whole front steering/suspension system, bushings..everything. If not, you get all the typical creeks and things wear out alot faster. Change the antifreeze and flush the system every year..otherwise youll be in for a huge labor job with having the heater core replaced..and any little mistakes and u might end up with your heat/ac stuck on high. the wet floors arent always the heater core, and ive never had the moonroof leaks..but the gasket under the hood up near the windshield can cause wet floors. also the doors get filled with gunk..take out the plugs, otherwise your electrical stuff...window motors..can short out when the doors fill with water lol. only replace balljoints with ones that have grease fittings. I love my towncars, and wouldnt drive anything else. They run great, keep the oil clean and you can easily get 500k miles. oh did i mention some little tranny issue..they sometimes jerk or buck ..as long as your fluid level is right..its fine.a few more things, grease the tracks for the power seats, and sometimes the wire just needs a jiggle if seats wont work. If your rear air ride suspension goes..convert it to regular shocks..the cars sit higher in the back, look nicer and i dont think it rides any different.
    , Savannah, GA, February 26, 2015 14:44
    I love my 1999 Lincoln Town Car Executive Series. It has 92,000 miles and I only have two problems; leaking on passenger side (simple gasket fix - video online) and my heater core just went out (have video on how to repair without removal of dash).
    , Bakersfield, CA, February 12, 2015 22:10
    I bought this car used.Now has 185,000 miles. Runs good but very poor gas mileage at 10.1 city, 22-23 hwy. I hear of people getting better city buy no one seems to have an answer how to boost my city mileage. Any answer out there I would appreciate. I am 78 years old and lot of city driving shopping and Doctor appoinments. ANY ONE HELP !!! Its a 1999 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series.
    , Palm Bay, FL, August 24, 2014 19:09
    Had a '95 that ran up to 489,000 miles before a chronic problem with the "blend door" (?) makes the A/C useless. So I sold it. Now I miss it; especially the adjustable power steering switch and the nice riding rear air suspension. Sure, I changed the Mobil 1 Synthetic Oil and Mobil 1 Oil Filter every 10,000 miles whether it needed it or not. A K & N Air filter and a light right foot helped me get 34 mpg on the highway with the air off and 29 with it on. Now I have a 2005 and want to know about the Lemon Law in FLA. Front Suspension in the shop three times in one year, A/C blows hot on a hot day, replacing the plugs isn't as easy as it was in the '95 by any means (there's a boot and a wire and the plug and all eight are over $460). Additionally, the rear suspension feels real tight and I was interested to read the input from Aug 2013 from the fellow who put in Gabriel shocks from a '84-'85 Regal (?) to soften the ride. I just put in a new Alternator and both power lumbar switches have failed on the front seats. The button to open the door armrest storage compartment has popped off and the springs flew off too. I have had more than one replacement headlight assy as they seem to fill up with condensation easily and you have to go get another from Ford for $564 each. The cruise control only switches on if you press down on the button several times first. The CD Player skips on brand spankin new CD's, The power door lock buttons don't come all the way up on the rear doors, but if I were in an accident, there is no other vehicle on the road (except the International CXT) that I'd rather be in. Here's the kicker, just came from the shop and have been informed that the rear axle and bearings are loosening, scoring, or coming apart (?) and will cost over $1500 to rectify. Who knows, maybe I can find a used CXT......
    , Richland, MS, May 26, 2014 01:43
    I really do like my car, but I have my concerns. Get ready if you have a sunroof, but I am not sure if my water leak in the rear passenger floorboard is coming from the roof. I have tried having the sunroof sealed and still have water in the flowboard when it rains. Next, I have this strange rattling noise in the dash area when you reach 50 mph driving, I also have a delay in my AC starting, and then it starts blowing hot air first. Finally, my dash lights are all out. The seat bottom section will not move upward or backwards, but the top section of the seat will adjust.
    , Saint Augustine, FL, February 16, 2014 21:05
    I'm the second owner of my 2003 Town Car and bought it with 23,000 miles on it in 2007 and have only done routine maintenance on this car. It has 135,000 miles now and I have not had any major issues with the car. I recently replaced the shocks, struts, air compressor and drier, and the solenoids to keep the classic Lincoln air suspension riding smoothly. The air compressor was getting noisy and that's a sign it's about to fail. You can buy the complete kits online pretty cheaply. Don't let anybody talk you into changing out the suspension for coil springs. Big mistake. Nothing rides like a Lincoln. This is my 5th Lincoln and the best car I have ever owned. I'm 58 and my kids think it's an older man's car, but there is no other car they would rather ride in when we go on a long trip. Lincoln erred when they stopped making this model, and my next car will be another lightly used Town Car purchased from a more senior citizen!
  • 2002 Lincoln Town Car
    , Potwin, KS, December 24, 2013 12:54
    I do not think you can find a more universal car . mine an 02 signature limited has 175 k on it its had some wear issues, like most cars brakes, tires, o2sensors shocks. It has lots of room averages 20 mpg city & highway 25 mpg highway if you keep it at 60 mph.Parts are very reasonable has a big trunk everybody says what a classy car it has that big car ride and feel . Here is the best part I paid $6300.00 from a chevy dealer in 09 it had 89 k on it. It was sad to see ford stop making them.
    , Saint Louis, MO, November 23, 2013 15:25
    Bought a well-worn 1994 with 150000, for $1300. Good looking car, always garaged, but maintenance was neglected pretty bad. Major issue is the blend door actuator, heat stays on full time, so I disconnect the heater in spring/summer, not a major deal really; and the rear axles replaced ($1400) Replaced the valve stem seals and a few odds and ends. Ive got about $4000 tied up in it, but with 189000 miles, I wouldn't want a better riding highway car. Daily commute is 65 miles. I get an honest 23.3 per the computer, about 85% highway driving. I plan on keeping it as my last car(I'm 66 now.) I figure I'm at the break even point on repair cost vs making a car payment. From here on it's money in the bank. Very sturdy car. Cab company nearby uses Town Cars for their daily work, owner told me he gets 400,000 before even considering an upgrade. Amazingly durable cars. Done nothing to it in the past year except replaced the brake pads on front.($59) It does use oil, but no smoke from tailpipe: I gladly feed its quart a month habit.
  • 1998 Lincoln Town Car
    , North Port, FL, September 14, 2013 10:12
    I have invested about 3500 dollars into the car in the last year. And yes I do understand that it is an older version. But I was told these are excellent cars and worth investment. Well last night the car had smoke coming from 3 parts of the car the drivers side near the mirror, the radiator, and under the plastic flap near the tranny. Now I am not sure if this car is worth continuing the investment. If I could please have some advice as was told it may be the head gasket and I am not sure....smoke comes from each area and its leaking oil and radiator fluid???
  • 2009 Lincoln Town Car
    , Rosemount, MN, August 10, 2013 22:55
    Unfortunately for this fellow, he did not really understand what was "wrong" about his 2009 Town Car. I recently purchased a 2004 TC Ultimate and it too rode like a "truck". I've driven and owned several Lincolns form the 80's on up, so I know how they should ride. Today I fixed the problem. For some strange reason, Ford chose to equip the air ride rear suspension on later model TC's with overly stiff, heavy duty OEM shocks that are way, way, way to stiff on the compression stroke. They are almost as bad on the rebound. When dismounted, it practically took a gorilla to compress them! I replaced them with the cheapest Gabriel shocks I could find at the nearest store, for an 84-85 Buick Regal. They had a very easy compression stroke and a mild rebound. It took a little juggling with the top rubber bushings and I got some 3/4 inch steel sleeves and new bolts for the bottom mount to adapt it to the Lincoln. I noticed the dramatic difference before I reached the end of the driveway. Now it rides like an air ride Lincoln should, and it actually handles better without all that jarring stiffness in the rear. It really changed the entire manner of the vehicle. I suppose some shock manufacturer makes shocks meant to fit that series TC that are not as stiff as OEM, but I could not find them at the very nearest store so I got the skinny cheap Gabriel's and it worked wonders.
    , Thiensville, WI, March 24, 2013 14:07
    Purchased this 2003 Lincoln in 06 with 30,000. Now have 93,000. Great car. Gets 26-27mpg on highway and low 20s combined. Change oil every 3000 to 4000. No issues other than what I consider routine. Had to replace rear shocks, brakes. One of the buttons on the Home Link garage door opener broke but that's it. Drives great. Lots of room. Best car I've every owned. I'm in my early 60s. Kids say it's an old man's car but I don't care. Fits me like and old shoe. Plan on putting on at least 200,000 miles. Shouldn't be a problem. I've seen them with over 500,000 miles. Very unappreciated vehicle. Wish they Ford still made them.
    , Saint Louis, MO, March 04, 2013 15:02
    I had the 97 Town Car (Lincoln #7) and it was in an accident in March 2011. The Acura slammed into the rear right quarter pannel, spent around,hit the front right fender, spent around, and landed on the front bumper. Through all of this, the Lincoln was totaled, BUT, there was NO broken glass and noone in my car was seriously hurt, no broken bones, no broken glass on the car and we walked away from the accident scene. If you want a car to protect your family, buy a TOWN CAR.
    , Bronx, NY, February 21, 2013 15:55
    this car is still driving with 185609 miles only regular minus repair like replacement light brakes sensor i drive 3 times a year to vT AND 1 TIMES WENT TO CANADA WHEN THE CAR HAD ABOUT 170000 MILES SO I BAY IT WITH 37522 IN EXCELLENT CONDITION I PLAN TO GO BACK TO CANADA EASY
  • 2009 Lincoln Town Car
    , Salem, MO, January 24, 2013 16:10
    I have owned six town cars and had good luck until I got this 2009 town car. I went unto the lot and saw this car I loved the ride on my 2003 town car.This is a lincoln so I did not try it out when i started home it rides like a pick up truck.I have had to three dealers had all new shocks every one agrees it rides ruff but no one has the answer how to soften the ride.I have called lincoln they will not let me talk to the people who designed this system so I am done with ford I am buying a new truck in the spring it will not be a ford.
  • 2004 Lincoln Town Car
    , Highland, IL, November 09, 2012 18:05
    This car is the "Ultimate" trim, a step above the Cartier and was only made for the 2004 model year. I got this car in a private sale in July 2012 with 41,000 miles on it and literally driven by a little old lady. It is the ultimate cream puff. 24 mpg on the highway and it rides like a cloud. It has every option available on a Town Car and was in showroom condition. It rides and drives out perfectly and I've put 12,000 miles on it by December and I love this car more than any other Town Car I've ever had. It has been problem-free and I love driving it. It's identical to a 2011 and is mistaken for a brand new car all the time. I can't say enough good things about Bruce!
    , Terre Haute, IN, November 04, 2012 16:46
    As my first Town Car, I love it. At 21 years old it drives like riding on a cloud. The only downside is the clear coat is chipping, and the leather on the drivers seat is cracked. On the other hand it has plenty of power thanks to its 4.6l and is built to last. This car is a tank. Wouldn't think of getting rid of this car for a long time.
    , Decatur, AL, September 20, 2012 11:00
    I am the second owner of this TC. I 'inherited' it from a friend. It now has over 322,000 miles on it and is still going strong. I have had little to do in the way major repairs - the most expensive being we did away with the air suspension once it squatted so we wouldn't have to worry with that issue again. It was much more cost effective to do away with it than to repair the air ride. As old as it is it still rides smooth with regular suspension, not like brand new, but smoother than a lot of newer cars I have been in recently for sure. Just wish those cupholders were in a different place though!
    , Chesapeake, VA, August 08, 2012 13:09
    I am 70 years old, and have bought many cars in my life. The 2003 lincoln towne car is the best car I have ever owned. It now has a 105,000 miles, and the car performs as well as it did when I boughr it. Looking forward to the next 100,000 miles.
    , San Bernardino, CA, May 21, 2012 13:00
    On my way to work, my car begin to come to a jolting stop on it's on. The car would not move out of the middle of the road. All the gears worked so it can't be the transmission. We tried putting it in neutral and having another car try to push it from the back and nothing moved still. What could the problem be???
    , Jacksonville, FL, May 03, 2012 15:52
    GREAT CAR EXCELLENT CONDITION STAYS IN GARAGE WHEN NOT DRIVEN"
    , The Villages, FL, April 22, 2012 20:01
    i need to replace the fuel door release button.I have the part,how do i remove and replace.
    , Lancaster, CA, March 19, 2012 20:38
    I have a 2001 Lincoln Towncar that won't start. Its getting fire all the fuel pump and lines are open. I have 137,000 miles. Any suggestion what the problem could be.
  • 2004 Lincoln Town Car
    , Macomb, MI, December 08, 2011 07:27
    I have a 2004 Signature series with 125000 miles on it. I have not driven the car much in the past year, but it ran fine when i parked it a week ago now it cranks fine but no start. How does a car fail just sitting there? This car is in immaculate condition & all service is up to date. wtf is what i say.
    , Plantersville, MS, November 06, 2011 11:58
    i own a 1994 and a 1998 town car executive series. i love them both the interior in both is still mint and i have had the air ride disabled in both still gives a great ride. i have had ac issues the 98 had to have new compressor and 94 has a bda problem to work out. my daughter drives a 2001 and i prefer my older cars even though it is a great car too. good for large families
    , Howell, MI, October 06, 2011 11:37
    AC check code 12 42 A C blows hot air, anyone have this problem? How do you perform a leak check and electrical check??
    , Conyers, GA, September 06, 2011 09:48
    the abs light comes on when i put the car in drive when i hit the brakes one time an light stay on
    , Palm Springs, CA, August 07, 2011 19:52
    50,000 miles car has given good service. No problems other than replace heater fan motor.
    , Mira Loma, CA, July 23, 2011 13:55
    This car has been fantastic. It has 269000 and have had no major problems at all. Replaced belt tensioner and spark plugs only.
    , Sun City, CA, June 14, 2011 14:04
    Having trouble with the AC. Spent 1200.00 two years ago and they revamped most parts, but not the compressor. The expense didn't change a thing. Returned it, and the mechanic said it was fine. So for two years, ran with no AC and finally am returning it again..now they say it's the compressor and want another grand. I'm not happy! The keyed remote door locks cut out..both. Not sure if it's the batteries or the car..as it happens intermittently with either remote pad. Leaks oil, though I returned it four times and they say they can't find a leak. Funny how it's all over my driveway!!! Seems to happen only on a slope. Any ideas? Other than that, I've got a hundred and 50 on it and it's running strong. I love the car. Just not the mechanics working on it. Only taking it to Ford dealer for repairs also.
    , Hayward, CA, May 11, 2011 16:08
    I am origina owner since 1997 (last style before they jumped into "boat" style.Up to now she has 152K miles. It is very economical to maintaine this TC (compare to MBZ, BMW, etc). CAn not recal major replacements. Just regular oil change (5K), transmittion fluid (50K), axl lube (50K), coolinf fluid (same level for last 45K). So far only one probelm. engineeeen shuts down after about 40 sec if I will stop on red light. Transmittion is in Drive position and brake pedal is all way down. There is no problem if transmittion is in Parking and engineen works for few minutes without problem.
    , Etowah, TN, April 11, 2011 16:53
    Excellent handling, supremely comfortable ride, room for real adults! Great resale value.
    , Waterbury, CT, March 30, 2011 23:08
    I guess I got a lemon from upstate,lousy car looked great ran great then major major electrical problems,be careful when you see a new BATTERY in a used car.Be careful UPSTATE
  • 2002 Lincoln Town Car
    , Boca Raton, FL, March 25, 2011 22:49
    I bought the Executive "L" Series Livery (Limousine) edition 3-4 years ago with 269,000 miles. It now has 562,000 miles and still going. Of course it has it issues but, still a strong car. Best car I over owned. Hate to see the TC go.
    , Napa, CA, January 18, 2011 12:09
    I maintain a fleet of Town Cars(yrs. 2000 to 2005) for a Taxi co. Some of these cars run 24/7,and are driven very hard.I have worked on all makes and models of cars for the past 35 years.The Lincoln Town Car is one of the most reliable vehicles on this planet. I have cars with anywhere between 300,000 to 750,000 miles that will still burn rubber!! I have not lost an engine in the past three years.For the money it costs to keep these cars maintained,I have found using ford original parts for any repairs, (not cheap parts). We put 100,000 miles a year on each of these cars(as long as the drivers don't wrap the car around a tree), they keep going!
  • 2007 Lincoln Town Car
    , Granbury, TX, December 15, 2010 17:13
    My AC was not working properly. It sounded like it was blowing real hard, and nothing would come out of the vents.... even when you switched from "auto" to upper vents, it would not come out. I took it in to be checked while it was still under warrenty and the Ford dealer said they could not get it to malfunction. I mentioned it again when I had the car serviced and again was told that the computer showed "no malfunction". Now, the weather has turned very cold and the heater does not work properly. It blows cold air on your feet regardless of the temperature setting. The vents for the backseat area blow very cold air, too. My vehicle has 66,000 miles now and I think that is out of warrenty. I live on a modest retirement income and social security and cannot afford a big repair bill. I know if they had checked further when I took it in before, this would not be a concern. Now, I'm thinking about buying a GM car instead.
  • 1998 Lincoln Town Car
    , Lakeland, FL, December 11, 2010 08:33
    Great car to drive. I hope Our President doesn't make me have to live in it, but it would be a nice tent.
    , Frontenac, KS, November 27, 2010 12:51
    This is the one of two best vehicles that I own. Only repair problems at 40,000 miles are the Front Suspension Parts as follows: Front Shock, Idler Arm, Pitman Arm, Front Sway Bar Links with 4 Wheel Alignment. Also replaced during regular maintenance: Air Filter, Fuel Filter, Oil & Oil Filter, Brake Pads and PCV Valves. New Problem: Rear Axle Shaft Bearing Fracture notice at 43,000 miles; will cause accident at highway speed. Replace parts needed Rear Axle Shaft Bearing Repair Kit made by Timken and a new Rear Axle Shaft. Labor hours 1.5, total service cost estimate: $360.
    , New Orleans, LA, November 13, 2010 22:12
    My Lincoln gets raves from the passengers I sometimes carry. It even impresses me. It was bought used and still performs well. The engine is a 4.6L (281cid) and it gets around anything on the highway. After hurricane Katrina, the car made several journeys to and from New Orleans and Atlanta. The right head gasket developed a leak (blown head gasket) and the motor was rebuilt, and that was because different people, and some not caring, drove the car, some abuse occured. It was worth the $2000 to have the motor rebuilt. To present, the car is great. The front suspension has been rebuilt once and is in need of some tweaking. Beside the maintenance, the car is great. Also, the car is as quiet as a mouse, but some squeking from the fan belt area tells me the water pump might need replacement. Beyone that, I'M KEEPING THIS CAR
    , Longview, WA, November 13, 2010 21:39
    I love this car and think that it is a masterpiece of mechanical engineering. I would recommend this car to anybody.
    , Tulsa, OK, November 06, 2010 13:44
    I bought my 92 lincoln towncar on side of road for 1300, rebuilt transmission, suspension replaced,ac system replaced, with quite a few other parts, but shes my baby I try to take care of her because she starts every time and she drives smooth I love my lincoln she just costing me alot :) parts aint cheap and finding them in salvage aint always easy.
    , Ogden, UT, September 27, 2010 01:03
    My '96 Signature has 140,000 mile and still going strong. I am changing out the AC compressor, but that's the only major repair on this car. I am 75 and have owned many cars, still have 3 , but this old Lincoln is my favorite car since my '57 Oldsmobile!
    , Owings Mills, MD, September 21, 2010 13:27
    Bought this one-owner 1991- supposedly with 61K. A li'l ol' lady car. Sat for two years before I bought it. Lots of problems as you might expect. Front brakes locked up for no apparent reason, ball joints, alternator, all four window motors, exhaust system. It has cost me a lot to keep this car on the road, and several days to get the finish in shape, but I would buy it again, even if I knew what I know now. Everyone has Camrys, Accords, Civics, etc. Try to find someone with a 19 year old Town Car. Makes a statement.
    , Ogden, UT, August 29, 2010 22:20
    Mine has 103K miles, and runs like brand new. Best car I have ever owned.
    , San Francisco, CA, August 13, 2010 12:13
    Great Car Now Has 205,000 Miles and only thing had to get repaired so far is the thermostat that got closed stuck for $80 at a shop, Would recommend this car for anyone!!
    , Marietta, GA, August 10, 2010 14:13
    I Love My Lincoln!!! 288000 miles and still smooth! I have replaced everything except the motor.....A Mechanic could not believe how well the car drove. LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Awesome Machine....Future plans to beef it up!
    , La Porte, TX, June 15, 2010 13:03
    This is my second Lincoln. The first being a '97 model that was purchased used with 70K miles on it and it's still going fine with over 250K (though it's up for sale). This '03 was purchased used too with 48K miles. It's now at 83K will no issues experienced other than a rear window motor going out. Fantastic car overall. . . these cars will service you well if you maintain them half way decently.
    , Beverly Hills, CA, June 01, 2010 14:32
    Great car, my first Lincoln Town Car. It drives and rides incredibly well for its age. Cloth interior is beautiful. 28 mpg you can't beat it!
  • 2006 Lincoln Town Car
    , Brooklyn, NY, April 30, 2010 01:36
    I just don't like the fact that such a big car is only available in rear trac and the problem with the suspension every time you are going to lift it up having to turn it off the rest is just great in this car
    , American Fork, UT, April 13, 2010 14:02
    Great Looking car, I Bougth This One A Few months ago, and I Got It With 188500 Miles , Still running Great, Air Conditioning Feel A bit low on air flow, but I wiat until summer to check how works, great ride, getting a lot of compliments on my ride
    , Hernando, FL, March 29, 2010 13:49
    this is the third town car i have had, The last 1993 i sold with 230.000 thousand mil.The person drove it for another 45.000 mil untel it got rear ended, never had any major problems, Now i just bourt a 1996 with 103. mil one owner . IT gets 18mil per. gal and 26hwy. Thats 5 gal more then my neighbors get with there 4x4.Caddalacks are a poor mans lincoln .
    , Marietta, GA, March 26, 2010 11:21
    My father bough my 1992 Sig Series in 1995. He drove it from 75000 miles to 125000. I got it 4 years ago. I traveled A LOT! it currently has 300,000 miles and runs like a dream. I am about to have the front end fully replaced because...well...its still original and its past time. I replaced the orig trans at 260,000 miles. All it takes it normal service requirements, and thats it! I love my car and will cry the day it finally gives up! LOL. I have found that the best tire I ever used was Michelin Hydroedge or Symmetry. The Hydroedge works wonders in rain and snow. And the Ride is AWESOME along with the new air ride i replaced. If your lincoln puffs smoke on start off, have your egr and pcv valve checked/replaced. I love it also b/c I can do most of my own Maintainence. Lincoln has my Full support!
    , Carrollton, TX, March 03, 2010 10:33
    I have a 2000 Town Car Cartier L series I bought it with very low miles. 3rd Town Car I have owned, my 1990 Cartier had 225k mi and my 1992 had 278k mi before the frame rusted out (lived up north then). Intake was replaced due to a bad plastic coolant crossover pipe design. I upgraded all ball joints, idler arm, and tie rod ends with MOOG greasable performance suspension parts (my choice old ones were fine). I installed Bilstein comfort ride shocks and Arnot limo grade rear air bags with lifetime warranty (old shocks and bags were good). Finally installed cast aluminum transmission pan with drain plug, so I could change my own fluid. Now this car performs and rides like a dream, I have 90k miles on it and can do all the routine maintenance work my self in the garage, easy to work on compare to most newer cars. Also the stretched rear doors on the L series is worth every penny. I talk to a guy at the airport once and he had over 600,000 mi on his L series and I hope to due the same. Living in TX I don't have to worry about rust either. Lincoln Town Car's have always been great cars for me would recommend them to anyone.
  • 1993 Lincoln Town Car
    , Martinsville, IL, January 17, 2010 13:13
    I received this car as a gift from my father about 18months ago. At the time in had 237,000 miles on it. he had bought it for my mother new in December 1992. It currently has 277,000 miles on it. It is finally showing some signs of age. The repairs have been mostly minor for the entire life of this car and only things that are expected to wear out. The worst thing that has really happened to the car is that we had to rebuild the steering at 236,000 miles. I will most certainly buy many more of these cars.
    , Andalusia, AL, December 31, 2009 15:19
    i purchaced this car from a bank in 2003, it had 200,000 mile on it, i figured it may last for the year, but to my surprise it now has well over 500,000 on it today , the speedometer quit working at 450,000 and only works from time to time..but as far as the motor , it is unbelieveable..i have not even replaced the sparkplugs since i bought the car..the only trouble i have ever had where the front ball joints, your best bet is to replace them as soon as you can with some that have fittings for grease..the original ones do not have grease fittings..only other thing was to replace the a/c compressor 4 years ago..the strongest car i have ever owned..i have owned plenty this can is now being used 120 miles a day as a rural mail delivery car by my wife..she tears up tires and doors..but it keeps on kicking like you would not believe..if you find a good one, you will love it to no end..oh also i took out the air ride in the rear and had heavy duty springs put on the car as well as air shocks..i have pulled 16 foot trailers with a welded on hitch full of watermellons..wow what a cab baby..i love it
    , Massillon, OH, November 12, 2009 13:23
    I purchased this car 7 years ago from a dear friend in Florida. It is a Marlin Signature Series and had 63,000 mi on it at the time. It now has only 103,000 since we do not drive it much. It is truly an exceptional riding vehicle. Although it is "older", everyone wants me to drive since it is so comfortable and spacius inside. You can't compare the heaviness to the newer cars manufactured today. Never have had problems with it at all and maintain service every 3000 miles. It gets 23 M.P.G. on trips and 17 in city. The air suspension is leaking now and will require replacement but this is truly a remarkable car.
    , Gloucester Point, VA, November 07, 2009 15:29
    Great car for a big car. I really have not have any problems other than squeaks. One of the best cars I ever bought.
    , Columbus, GA, October 20, 2009 14:11
    When I first saw this body style I HATED IT!!! It eventually grew on me, but then I drove One it was a 92 . I said these things might be alright. After owning a 81,85 and 88 TC's I grew to like it more. My 85 and 88 were wrecked and I traded my 81 trying to please a woman. My 96 Tc is a dream to drive I found it in a junk yard guy said it looked like an old persons car he let it go for 600 back in 05. I have put about 50,000 miles on it since then. Up and down the east coast to Fl. and Ohio a few times it has been very dependable. Had a blow out once and the tread ripped my wiring harness out and i did some serious splicing on the side of the road. Just wish the engine had more power.
    , Shawano, WI, September 24, 2009 22:26
    I have owned this car since 2004. I purchased it as a certified used car from a Lincoln dealer. It is by far, the best car that I have ever owned. I was always a GM person all of my life, but this car changed everything. I have only had to replace (1) belt since I have had it. Nothing else has ever gone wrong. I get 23 to 25 mpg. It is so quiet, that I have tried to start it while running before. It handles like a dream and would probably beat my mid '60s big block chevy street machine in the 1/4 mile. I am pushing 90,000 miles and it still runs like new. It is the only car that I will ever own from now on! All I do is make sure that it has it's maintenance as per owners manual.
    , Alpine, CA, September 17, 2009 14:33
    Worst car I've ever owned. Transmission went out at 55,000 miles. Town Car decals fell off, back window trim fell off, light dimming knob is not lit at night (no light assembly there), driver's window switches went out, driver's electrical seat quit, A/C doesn't cool when ambient above 78 degrees, radio quit, rear axle bearing went out, Engine leaks oil, rear end leaks oil, back-up assist quit, lug nut covers rattle, front grill corroding, Lincoln Hood ornament corroding, automatic door lock quit, car alarm goes off without provocation,. If all that weren't bad enough, the dealership trys to charge me for things that don't need repair (which isn't much) like brakes that are only 40% worn or saying they replaced things they didn't.
    , Cincinnati, OH, May 14, 2009 11:55
    I love this car! my 96 TC has 192K miles and rides like new. Last tune up done @ 100K but no problems of any kind so far, smooth and comfortable ride, delivers performance with a relative good mileage for a V8 ( 19 x 26 ) . Too bad the designers at the time forgot important detais like cupholders for the back seat passangers who instead got ashtrays. Other than this minor detail, great great car!
    , Pittsburgh, PA, February 04, 2009 18:32
    Very reliable car get the signiture or designer series.
  • 2008 Lincoln Town Car
    , Washington, DC, January 14, 2009 16:59
    This is the cool car (in black of course) for the Washington D.C. society. It's remarkably inexpensive to maintain!
  • 1995 Lincoln Town Car