Lincoln MKZ Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Lincoln MKZ
- My mkz won't start up and just makes a clicking noise when trying to start it
- I have a seat problem. Should the dealer take care of this?
- What would cause the cruise control to stop working at various times?
- the ac blows cold then hot
- Can you get to the heater core any other way besides through the dashboard
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Lincoln MKZ Problems
The ignition key may become stuck in the ignition lock, possibly associated with a binding shifter bezel. Our technicians tell us that if the shifter knob is sticking or the shifter bezel is binding the affected part should be replaced.
The automatic transmission may develop shifting concerns. On lower mileage vehicles, upgrading the software in the powertrain control module (PCM) and the transmission control module (TCM) may correct the problem. As the mileage increases, internal transmission damage can occur. Repairs could involve replacement of the valve body or a complete transmission rebuild. Whenever major transmission repairs are made, it is important to be sure the PCM and the TCM have the latest software updates to help prevent these issues from reoccurring.
The trunk lid may not latch closed, this is generally caused by the trunk latch sticking in the open position. Our technicians tell us that in most cases the trunk latch assembly will need to be replaced to correct this issue.
Lincoln MKZ Questions
My mkz started to shake after I exited the freeway when I noticed it marked low oil when I went to pull over it shut off now it won't start at all. What could it be?
I travel a lot so I need the cruise. I've been careful to make sure I'm not hitting anything to cause it to disengage. Most recently I was passing an 18 wheeler with cars behind me when suddenly the cruise quit working and the car suddenly started slowing down. It scared me because of all...
the ac blows hot and cold it seems to have a mind of its own.the Freon level is ok
Lincoln MKZ Recalls
The recliner mechanism for one or both front seats may have been improperly welded to the seat frame. As a result, the seatback may become loose or lean, increasing the risk of injury in the event of certain types of crashes. Dealers will replace the affected seatbacks to correct this concern.
All late model vehicles with an automatic transmission have been designed so the shifter cannot be moved out of the park position unless the brake pedal is depressed. Certain MKZ vehicles are being recalled because the transmission range sensor may not function correctly, allowing the transmission to be shifted out of park without fist applying the brake pedal. This could cause the vehicle to roll unexpectedly, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will update the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) software to correct this concern.
The fuel delivery module, which is located at the fuel tank, can crack, resulting in a fuel leak. Any fuel leak always increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel delivery module in the affected vehicles to correct this concern.
Lincoln MKZ Reviews
Purchased vehicle new and now have almost 40k miles. Had to replace brake pads and service rotors at 25k; replaced two batteries, and tires at 32K (I replace earlier than most people I think). Have really enjoyed the ride and luxury of the Lincoln. The engine is strong enough for me and am not into handling as much as smooth cruising.
Going on 4 years and the car still runs exceptionally well. I have had no problems with it.