Lincoln MKT Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Lincoln MKT
- same question as before.inside lights flash but car will not start
- CAR WILL NOT START, INSIDE LIGHTS FLASH ONLY
- CAR WON'T START, LIGHTS FLASH ON INSIDE BUT WILL NOT TURN OVER
- LIGHTS FLASH ON INSIDE WHILE TRYING TO START BUT CAR WILL NOT TURN OVER
- PARKING LIGHTS CAME ON WHILE VEHICLE WAS PARKED AND LOCKED, CANNOT TURN OFF MANU
Lincoln MKT Recalls
In the affected vehicles, the halfshaft retention clip may not have been properly installed. As a result, without prior warning the halfshaft may move outward and disengage from the linkshaft while driving. This would result in loss of engine power to the drive wheels. Dealers will inspect the vehicles to make sure that the halfshaft is properly retained. If it is not, dealers will replace the linkshaft and also replace the halfshaft if it shows evidence of spline damage.
The fuel delivery module, which is located at the fuel tank, can crack, resulting in a fuel leak. Any fuel leak always increases the risk of a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel delivery module in the affected vehicles to correct this concern.