Lincoln Continental Reviews

Lincoln Continental Reviews and Owner Comments

Car is in bad shape. I need help figuring out where can get new fuel sending unit replacement? Got this car 17 years ago been a good ole Lincoln as still drivable but needs fuel sending unit replacement.
Was given this car from my Dad, because the dealer at trade in would only give him $500. He has owned this car since new and he did not put a nickel into it except for tires and Brake pads/Rotors. It had just under 200,000 miles on it when I got it. I have put another 20,000 miles on and it that time I replaced the water pump (216,000),repaired hose leaks in power steering,replaced head lamp covers (fogged up),left front outer wheel Bearing (simple job 3 bolt whole assembly comes off), The only other problems i can see coming down the road is Cat. convertor (code lights on/off occ.) Back heater drivers side quit working butt still good and just developed slight leak in trans. BUT for 220,000 miles the car is solid and rust free and we winter in OHIO. SO don't mind a few dollars into it.. It gets a solid 19 MPG.
We just bought a used 1999 Lincoln Continental.. It's a great car. Wonderful interior - nothing wrong with that! 110,000 miles (yes in 2014).. Carfax no accidents.. Minor dings on the outside. We did have to replace the Valve cover gaskets just shortly after getting it, found a great mechanic that specializes in restoration and cares about his work!.. He owns a Mustang and took great care of us. The heating doesn't heat up FAST like the old cars we are used to .. guess that's how 'luxury' is supposed to heat up.. The steering still has that nice little 'Ford' glitch when we turn as our LTD did.. and the prior Ford vehicles we've had.. it's a 'creaking' turn.. ALL of our Fords, New and old have had that.. Its a ford thing.. Other than that.. Great Car.. Very happy .. and can fit a family of 5 very comfortably..!
I have the 93 lincoln continental executive series and it's been a real money pit. I've only had it for about 2 years now and had to replace many things like the whole suspension had to be converted to coil spring shocks because they used those garbage airbag shocks that don't last and rot out over time, replaced the battery many times date to it being drained by faulty switches and wires, gas gauge had stopped working at some point and I don't plan on fixing it anytime soon, and you don't ever want to replace the windshield because that will run you about $900. But in all after fixing some of the problems it really is a nice car. Gets ok mpg about 18/24mpg if your not jeeping it, the interior is very comfortable but I would prefer it had cloth seats, the exterior holds its value but sometime down the road you will run into major problems be prepared to empty your wallet.
have a 1993 Lincoln Continental that has 32,000 miles only and hasn't been driven much that I inherited from my aunt and the AC doesn't work but the heater does and the high beam doesn't work and some sort of play in steering when turning wheel left. Looking for auto repair shops that specializes in old lincolns and is more price competitive than a dealer. Need estimate to fix AC, make switch for high beam lights to stick and hold instead of having to hold by hand manually and take a look at why a little pull in steering to the left
{{{CREAM~PUFF LINCOLN CONTINENTAL 2000 AT Mere 79,000 miles vs average mileage should be Now at over 150,000 miles: This Baby Replaced My "Sorry Loss of 1988 Ford Thunderbird...She Comes as a Close 2nd with All COMFORTS ONE WOULD DESIRE>>>This Lincoln Is Awesome With Her ALL TRACTION IN WINTER DURING THOSE SNOW STORMS...I NEVER FELT SAFER. I love those heated seats for Winter Season & of course, Auto CLIMATE CONTROL. For A POWERHOUSE 8 CYLINDER,,,She does GREAT on 19 M/P/G...I know that is NOT impressive for these HARDSHIP 2012 ECONOMIC/ENERGY CONSCIOUS TIMES.... ***BUT PLEASE READ THE "POOR" RESULTS OF PRIUS..."You Pay Over $20-30,000...To Achieve Reduced Gas Consumption..=HELLO, LATEST REPORT EVALUATES YOUR INVESTMENT TURNOVER SHALL BE 10-15 Years!! By Then Your PRIUS WILL DRASTICALLY DEPRECIATE IN VALUE... I did think about purchasing High Mileage Car vs Comfort Value... WELL, THE LINCOLN DID WIN OVER FOR JUST FEW MILES DIFFERENCE...SHE IS PAID OFF...THUS...WHY SHOULD I PUT MYSELF IN DEBT FOR A LOSER PRIUS>>>>>DUHHHHHHH...and even LOSE comfort while driving.. YES,.TRULY WEIGH COMFORT n STABILITY n FAIRLY DECENT MPG..vs THESE HYBRIDS AT EXORBITANT PRICING OVER $18,000... YOU MUST ASK ACCORDING TO YOUR BUDGET:? "IS IT REALLY WORTH IT" TO MAKE THAT INVESTMENT TO SAVE PRICE AT PUMP GAS?? {{YOU HAVE THE POWER TO MAKE SOULFUL DECISION>>>THAT IS YOUR OWN CHOICE>>>>
my cars fan wont turn on the fan works i replaced both sensors and nun of my fuses are burned out
Purchased in late 2000 with under 20K miles. Now has 260K miles. Everything still works.. correctly. 1 tuneup, 1 water pump, 1 alternator. Zero drivetrain issues in those miles. Oil change every 3-4K, transmission oil & filter (with dropped pan) change every 30K-40K. Suggest re-seating the relays in the underhood box every 12 months or so. Reseat the connector under the right rear corner of the driver's seat about once a year. So far, all electrical issues have been fixed by simply reseating connectors (corrosion resistance). I run Michelin Harmony tires... smooth as glass. At brake pad replacement time, I have the disks turned while mounted on the car. That has permanently stopped pulsating issues with the brakes. I have replaced front and rear sway links and tie rod ends a couple of times. No issues with the air suspension. Arnott, Inc. has reasonable air spring replacements when needed. Transmission is starting to show a little age, but engine is great. This Lincoln has been as close to flawless as any auto I've owned.
This car ran good or a while now at 200,000 miles we are having problem after problem literally getting fixed once or more every 6 months without exageration!!!
I bought the car in 04 with roughly 98k on it and I'm now approaching 160k. its my daily driver and for a while it was the only car so it was used to drive 2 people to work and the kids to school. Had to replace the Trans shortly after buying it, the Water Pump just a few weeks ago. But a chronic problem has been my rear Suspension. It goes In and Out. Some times the Compressor turns on and then sometimes it doesn't.
Bought my 98 with 105000 miles.. tuned it up at 107000.. It been a really solid car. I had to put in a new water pump at 122000... I had an electrical problem with the door open on the display & interior lights coming on, but cured that by heavily spraying the door locks with WD40 on a tip from repairpal.... I'm now at 138000 and going strong...It needs a tune up again but I'm still getting 18mpg general driving & just took a trip & got 25mpg.. Not bad & no payments to make... Yipee
Continental has been in the family since 99'. It has 220,000 on the ticker now and is running like a charm. Replaced the back air ride and starter, aside from fluids and filters...That is it!!! Go American made autos!
Has been a predictable car for years with no output towards unnecessary repairs. Rides well, handles will and gets decent mileage. After 127,0000 miles leather still rip free, dash not cracked and all-in-all all is well.
this car is awesome and i love it, i call her my cream puff.
Ive had mine for 4 years now and over the years ive put in a new transmission new spark plugs new brake booster and a/c modules and the biggest problem im having with this car is electrical problems like power steering tightneing while driving and dash lights flashing overall nice car rides greats and mechanically has been well
94,000 miles. All bushings in rear worn out. Rear sway bar broken..1000 bucks. Torque converter leaking fluid....Ford mechanic said he has not seen this before. Lucky me....1360 bucks. Keyless entry faulty...400 bucks. Ambient air temp sensor failed. I fixed for 14 bucks. There was a reason Ford stopped making this model.
really nice car i've had my 99' for 4 yrs and other than normal wear and tear i'm just now at 152,000 mi. and have to replace the power-steering pump i give this car an overall star rating of a 5. It rides really smooth and has alot of power with the 4.6l and i avg. 20 to 30 mi. a gal.
my tranny sometimes gooes out while driving. if I either undo the battery or put it in nuetral, back in gear for a few seconds, all is well, for a while.
I have had this car since March 2008, It's been a great car but now I have eletcrical problems with a short inside, all the inside lights blow when the back doors are opened. The clock spring is bad and the D.C.L. needs service.The car only has 82,000 miles on it.
overall this is ba good car. v6 so it,s ok on gas. air ride is a royal pain if needs replacing.
got the car in 2004 for $ 3000 with 89000 miles on it. The engine has performed flawlessly and the ride, gasmilage (16-23) - and power is hard to match! However, we started experiencing all kinds of electrical problems one after the other, and the bill has run into more than 2k by now. Sick of fixing it, something else always shows up. The transmission has shifted kind of roughly lately (156k miles). Perhaps it is time to let it go. Would like to by another one if the other comments on this website are correct
Have owned this car since almost new--more than a decade, and it's still treating me well. The interior has worn okay, and I've had to replace an alternator. Otherwise, it's comfortable, safe, and powerful. One of the best Lincoln's I've owned.
I really hated to see the end of production of one of the finest vehicles on the road. I have owned three, still own two and will keep one until I can no longer obtain parts or it just dies. Very comfortable, easy to drive, safe, and very stylish to boot.
nice riding car be prepared to replace air ride and trans around 100,000 k