Lexus SC400 Reviews

Lexus SC400 Reviews and Owner Comments

Love this car although purchased a Honda Civic recently to get better gas mileage the Lexus SC is best car ever owned. I moved here to California in 1998 purchased my Lexus when lived in St, Louis bought used of '94 with 18k miles. Car is very excellent no issues or problems ever had out of it. Comfortable, smooth ride and nice still no paint rust got regular oil changes and routine maintenance. I am currently driving this car at now 200k miles runs flawless great sound system with original 12 disc CD changer and more. This was the best Lexus automobile ever owned love this sporty car fun driving in El Cajon and Los Angeles some of the options are very nice for a nice old used Lexus as this one.
This awesome car was a gift from a fellow at our church. I am a senior and need help a nd advice thank you.
I love my sc400 I have 215k+ miles on it and it still runs and drives like a brand new car
I bought this car because I have always wanted one ever since I saw/heard/rode in one back when they were first introduced, and boy I was not disappointed! 318k (not a typo) and just this afternoon I absolutely DUSTED a 2008 BMW (5series i think, hard to tell when they are behind you lol)
I was recently in an auto crash that totaled my 2003 PT Woody at no fault of my own. I began shopping for a new car while I waited on insurance claim. I took a little over a month to find a newer car 2005.06 or better with low miles It didnt happen. My 1992 Lexus SC400, Gold was the last car I drove, with 60,000 miles on her it was great, after driving all the other cars this one stands alone. Go's when you need it,drives smooth and handles great, and so quiet you cant hear her running and with it being a V-8 she gets around 28ml a gal not to bad.Everything works sunroof, and stero it fantastic. Oh and my Dad loves it too so thats a plus.
I got hooked and have now collected three similar 1998 SC400s. Two are black with black leather. One has 102K and I have changed the timing belt/water pump and rebuilt the power steering pump myself. Number two has 120k and is a 'rescue' from some careless people. I just found this You Tube ad in the last few minutes. Appears to have been uploaded by a dealer about 6 months before I finally gotten the title from the folks that I had bought from. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oM3LyV4yrXs Number 3 has 215k and drives great and is my daily driver.
My1998 sc is the best car is the best car I have ever owned. I can drive it for 12 hours and not even feel tired. It is way better than my wife's BMW. My Lexus after 11years is still smooth and fast. On average, three people comment to me how they always wanted an sc. Too bad the American car manufacturers never got the idea.
So I was in the market for a 'beater' 2nd car last week Got on Craigslist and was literally sitting there when this 1992 superb granny-driven SC400 comes on at $2500 so I snapped it up... It will horrify you all to know I had never driven a Lexus in my 50 years and while I may be deemed a lowly late-blooming L-word lover , I have seen the light, and it is the most thrilling $2500 clams I have ever spent. What a beautiful car, I have had it only 2 weeks and am thrilled to drive it, I cant imagine Mrs. O'Hara's first test drive 19 years and $60k ago.. And I cant fathom how low-priced certain luxury autos can get in their faded glory, it makes no sense...it's worth so much more... I have had to buy hood and trunk hydraulic lifts, seat memory ECM and a used key on EBay for $50 (not $500) few minor things but this car is just broken in at 220k Km. Now for some 18 or 19" sexy wheels and some wax! Loooove it. Owen in BC (Site wont take postal codes so I put in Seattle)
I bought this car because of two major points I liked about it. 1 being that if you look at the door hinges and the way the are made, it's almost perfect for Lambo door's. I looked into and found out that the kit only cost about 300 bucks. and with no cutting to the are at all. it's just a pare of gas powered shocks and some mounts. just thought people just know. and 2 is because of the engine. it's one of only a few made at Lexus, the V8 model I didn't see in a lot of Lexus cars I think only the 400 series has them. the SC400 & the LS400 as far as I know.
bought an sc400 right after graduating high school, this is my first car and I love it, im keeping this car 4 a while
This is my 2nd SC400 I love this car I have had a few different makes and models in between but its by far the most balanced car I have ever owned and the funny thing is not many people know about this car
This is my second 2000 SC-400. I sold my first one and was sorry within a month. I looked for 2 years to find another with low miles and all Lexus service history. Finally found one. These are rare cars, only 324 sold in 2000. The care is an exceptionally capable and beautiful ride. I'm keeping this one for a long time.
2nd owner / owned for 2yrs/165000miles/ no repairs so far/ only oil change
My 1992 has 140,000 miles and still runs and looks great...
I'm on my 2nd SC and have also had a '98 GS400. Fabulous cars - my '92 SC400 with 247K miles didn't run much different than when I got it with 106K. My '98 GS400 probably saved my life in a crash and now I have a '93 SC400. Love 'em!!
I love my car.
I purchased this car new 5-20-1994 it has been the best car I have had. After 126,000 miles and only normal wear repairs, and serves, no major repairs. I have had during this time a, 1998 Gag xjr, 2000 Cad.dv, 2003 TownCar, 2005 Buick Rainner. All had many recalls and repairs need, but was covered by warranty. I have a 2006 Mustang GT, great car so far, 2008 Bentley GT ,Great fun, 2009 Saturn Vue RedLine, great for what I use it for, so far .