Lexus SC400 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Lexus SC400
- air conditioning won't blow cold air but compressor has been checked and works
- check eng lgt on. code PO430 catalyst. right bank. does the valves need adj?
- Automatic transmission reverse only
- I would like to know why is the needed of odometer reading does not working
- My brake lights wont work after i put new bulbs.Blinkers work fine.What can i do
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
Lexus SC400 Problems
There are reports of LED problems in the dashboard gauges. The lights burn out, making the gauges difficult to see at night, and require replacement.
There are reports of intermittent failures with the heating and air conditioning control. The digital display might fail or the control might fail to switch between heater functions.
Occasionally, the Check Engine Light is illuminated due to failures in the evaporative emission (EVAP) system. Our technicians tell us that proper diagnoses is generally required to confirm the exact fault causing the warning light to come on.
Lexus SC400 Questions
Actron 9575 standard OBD2 scanner. Lexus seems to be a 17 pin semi circular port. Research says car is OBD2 compliant. Leads me to believe adapter will be sufficient. Know I can spit out the codes by bridging TE1 and E1. Looking for a way to use my existing tools.
Lexus SC400 Recalls
Lexus SC400 Reviews
So I was in the market for a 'beater' 2nd car last week Got on Craigslist and was literally sitting there when this 1992 superb granny-driven SC400 comes on at $2500 so I snapped it up... It will horrify you all to know I had never driven a Lexus in my 50 years and while I may be deemed a lowly late-blooming L-word lover , I have seen the light, and it is the most thrilling $2500 clams I hav...
I'm on my 2nd SC and have also had a '98 GS400. Fabulous cars - my '92 SC400 with 247K miles didn't run much different than when I got it with 106K. My '98 GS400 probably saved my life in a crash and now I have a '93 SC400. Love 'em!!
bought an sc400 right after graduating high school, this is my first car and I love it, im keeping this car 4 a while