Lexus LX470 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Lexus LX470
- can I drive with a bad O2 sensor for approx. 1500 miles
- My check engine light is on, code reveals O2 sensor, my lx470 is 2003,
- my belt doesnt go freely this morning i change new one after i replaced it
- Started my car and a whirling sound was present and increased with higher rpm.
- can code 0330 or 0325 on a 1999 rx300 cause my lexas not shoft right or not go i
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Lexus LX470 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an evaporative emission (EVAP) system fault. Our technicians tell us these EVAP system faults can be difficult to diagnose but it is not uncommon to find a failed charcoal canister or a loose or worn gas cap.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
Occasionally, the Check Engine Light is illuminated due to failures in the evaporative emission (EVAP) system. Our technicians tell us that proper diagnoses is generally required to confirm the exact fault causing the warning light to come on.
Lexus LX470 Questions
can I drive my 2003 Lx470 on a short trip of approx. 1500 miles with a bad O2 sensor, waiting on a manifold to be shipped due due bolts on sensors with corrosion
told by my trusted mechanic, unable to remove sensor due to corrosion/rusty bolts, might need to replace pipe which includes a cat.---- cost may be $700 compared to much cheeper if only the o2 sensor comes out
even after i replaced it it has noise when i checked it while engin is running my belt is burning did any body know why
Lexus LX470 Recalls
A snap ring securing the steering shaft may disengage in the event of severe impact of the front wheel. If the snap ring is disengaged and the steering wheel is repeatedly turned to the lock position, over time, the steering shaft could become disconnected. This would result in loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the snap ring with a newly designed one and install an additional device to prevent separation of the steering shaft. This recall is expected to begin on August 23, 2010.
Lexus LX470 Reviews
best car i've ever owned. gas milage is not good-13mpg, and not cheap to fix, but it never breaks, is built like a tank, and the quality is unbeatable. I've had my 2002 since 2004 and all i've ever done is oil changes. i will need to do a timing belt soon, but that's ever 100k miles.
I have 350,000 miles on my 1999 LX470 and it's still going strong. Regular maintenance is all I've done. This vehicle has made me a Lexus owner for life.
wonderful suv will buy another lexus for sure