Lexus LX470 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Lexus LX470
- Hi i have a 2006 LX470. I want to change the display measurement MILE to KM; F C
- WHERE ARE THE Radio & power antenna fuse locations
- Car will not start after radiator hose reinserted into radiator & added coolant.
- LSC light came on while i as driving . Whats the problem , solution ?
- Should I disconnect the traction control system?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Lexus LX470 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate due to an evaporative emission (EVAP) system fault. Our technicians tell us these EVAP system faults can be difficult to diagnose but it is not uncommon to find a failed charcoal canister or a loose or worn gas cap.
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
Occasionally, the Check Engine Light is illuminated due to failures in the evaporative emission (EVAP) system. Our technicians tell us that proper diagnoses is generally required to confirm the exact fault causing the warning light to come on.
Lexus LX470 Questions
We were driving on Route 15 this hot weekend and heard a pop sound. Opened hood and radiator hose was disengaged from radiator. As a result, coolant level was low. Car towed to nearest repair shop. They tested leak in radiator cap but cap was fine. Coolant added but car won't start now. Batte...
The traction control alarm goes off very often, usually when banking to the right. If I veer back to the left, it will usually go off. Occasionally, the brakes "grab" for a split second.... I'm assuming it's some kind of safety feature. Dealership has said I need to replace s...
squirt in some carb cleaner past the intake, she fires up but not getting fuel so stops running?
Lexus LX470 Recalls
A snap ring securing the steering shaft may disengage in the event of severe impact of the front wheel. If the snap ring is disengaged and the steering wheel is repeatedly turned to the lock position, over time, the steering shaft could become disconnected. This would result in loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the snap ring with a newly designed one and install an additional device to prevent separation of the steering shaft. This recall is expected to begin on August 23, 2010.
Lexus LX470 Reviews
best car i've ever owned. gas milage is not good-13mpg, and not cheap to fix, but it never breaks, is built like a tank, and the quality is unbeatable. I've had my 2002 since 2004 and all i've ever done is oil changes. i will need to do a timing belt soon, but that's ever 100k miles.
I have 350,000 miles on my 1999 LX470 and it's still going strong. Regular maintenance is all I've done. This vehicle has made me a Lexus owner for life.
wonderful suv will buy another lexus for sure