Lexus ES300 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Lexus ES300
- Engine rpms "hunt" infrequently. Engine stalls at low spd,can smell burnt fuel.
- low idle speed (less than 50 rpm) at cold engine start, but OK after a minute
- my car cranks but wont start, coil wont fire
- Will not start back after running few minutes then cutting off
- Is a price of $525 to replace the alternator in my 2003 lexuse es300 reasonable?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Lexus ES300 Problems
The Check Engine Light may illuminate because a component of the oxygen sensor stops working. As a result the engine computer is unable to determine the proper ratio of air to fuel for the engine. Replacing the failed oxygen sensor should correct this concern.
On higher mileage vehicles, an engine misfire may develop and/or the Check Engine Light may illuminate due to a failed ignition coil. It is not uncommon to replace all the coils when the first one fails in order to prevent return trips to the repair shop.
Lexus ES300 Questions
We have looked everywhere for the sensor, and cant find it. We put our code reader on and the code PO110 came up. We looked it up and its the IAT sensor. Cant find it Anywhere on the car!
The check engine light used to go off and on periodically. A month ago it came on and has not gone off. the code reads P0128, a coolant thermostat problem present. However, the engine temp gauge on my dash has been working perfectly normal this whole time. I am guessing it is a faulty sensor sinc...
Lexus ES300 Recalls
Lexus ES300 Reviews
My car will not accelerate after 30 minutes it gets hot and I have to let it sit for some days. What will cause your car not to accelerate?
I LOVE my Lexus. It has been the best used car I have ever owned. I paid $4,900 in march 2003. The car was 8 years old (1995) and had 155K miles.This is a very good solid car. I have had it 8 years and spent about $2,000 TOTAL MAINTENANCE COST over that period of time. The repairs I have done are: 1-On the rear bank of cylinders the valve cover gasket may start leaking at about 190K mil...
Great car. Just passed 227,000 miles. Luxurious ride, quiet and peaceful. Hope it hopes indefinitely.