Radio started bursting load scratching noise once in a while. Took amplifier (LEAR) out. Noticed small amount of moisture on one of the 3 wire harnesses. Carefully opened amplifier and cleaned small amount of mositure. Put back in and it played for about 30 seconds and stopped working. Purchased another one (used online). Hooked it up and it works for 30 seconds and shuts off. I've heard this means it needs to be reprogrammed. Is this true and is there a way to reprogram it without going to BMW?
Lear amplifier on 2001 BMW X5
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X5 Questions
- Code P0171-174 changed all fuel injectors, upper oxygen sensor, valve head gaske
- Power steering, pulley or pump? Makes screeching noise.
- I have a 2004 bmw x5 4.4 I want to know how do i turn the 4x4 OFF
- the a/c is blowing hot air and reset button won't work. replaced power control
- The car when I drive more than 30 minutes star shaking but it not motor in the
2001 BMW X5 Estimates
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Prospect, KY
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($70 - 93) in East Vassalboro, ME
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Raeford, NC
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($415 - 914) in Piasa, IL
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($1,735 - 3,307) in Wrightsville, PA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($1,790 - 1,881) in Michigan Center, MI