Radio started bursting load scratching noise once in a while. Took amplifier (LEAR) out. Noticed small amount of moisture on one of the 3 wire harnesses. Carefully opened amplifier and cleaned small amount of mositure. Put back in and it played for about 30 seconds and stopped working. Purchased another one (used online). Hooked it up and it works for 30 seconds and shuts off. I've heard this means it needs to be reprogrammed. Is this true and is there a way to reprogram it without going to BMW?
Lear amplifier on 2001 BMW X5
Asked by for the 2001 BMW X5
This week's top 10
Recent BMW X5 Questions
- I was driving when I lost compression and could not go anywhere, then it shut of
- Would you buy a BMW X5 AWD V8 that has 190k miles?
- heater control powers off and on randomly cannot turn back on.
- Do I have to replace all 6 ignition coils at once? Can I just replace the bad 1?
- What causes the Transmission Failure Warning to come on?
2001 BMW X5 Estimates
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($76 - $128) in Prospect, KY
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($122 - $168) in East Vassalboro, ME
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($444 - $540) in Raeford, NC
- Wheel Alignment ($140 - $178) in Piasa, IL
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($600 - $865) in Wrightsville, PA
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($1,735 - $3,307) in Michigan Center, MI