Reviews for Land Rover Range Rover years:

Land Rover Range Rover Reviews and Owner Comments

Land Rover Range RoverOwner Reviews (11 reviews)
  • 1993 Land Rover Range Rover
    Visitor, Santa Clarita, CA, February 16, 2014 15:25
    It is my second 1993 County LWB---The first one, was really nice and clean---sorted and running smooth; but an 18 year old girl, two lanes to my left, was text-messaging and got a message that she had missed her turn--so she whipped it to the right and struck me just behind my seat, in the passenger door: I rolled over 2 complete times. Maybe it was the after-market coil-spring conversion that added to the instability; but the safety and integrity of that Range Rover, during the two complete barrel rolls, was impressively solid. The next 1993 I seek out will have the EAS intact. A functioning EAS somewhat verifies the maintenance ethics of the previous owner/s. The problem with the air suspension is often a simple inexpensive O-ring, but a mechanic wants to scare you into a $1,200.00 coil-spring conversion for his own benefit. Coil spring conversions mean that someone was gouged (Spring-conversions are NOT a good sales feature)---and it is too bad that the electronic air suspension was gutted. 1993 is the last year of the true pure-British Land Rover. In 1994, the Teutons raided Solihull, then in 1996 Ford ganged up (And now Fords are looking like Land Rovers). The Long Wheel Base is a very comfortable ride. There is something very classic about the last British-owned year of the hard-dash County LWB: The last stage of Charles Spensor King's (Nephew of Land Rover's Wilks brothers) iconic automobile design.
  • 2000 Land Rover Range Rover
    Visitor, Allentown, PA, April 21, 2013 13:07
    i need power stearing pump pulley for land rover range rover2000 4.6HSK
    Visitor, Albuquerque, NM, March 17, 2013 13:50
    I bought RR new in 2004. Pretty plagued with problems.Dealer neverdid exlpain lifter noise. At apx 140,000 Transmission begins jumpimng from 1st ot 4th in auto mode. Will shift manually fora while. Then seems to default back to Fourth.In auot clutch just slips until fully engaged in 4th. Just stays there until turning system off and restarting. Will shift OK againfor a while then goes seems to lock back into 4th again. Clutch can't continue to do this, can it?
    Visitor, Miami, FL, February 14, 2013 21:13
    my first time changing the water tank and the water pump after it havent had any problem thank god just suspension problem
  • 1996 Land Rover Range Rover
    Visitor, Anchorage, AK, December 27, 2012 03:13
    I bought this ol' gal..Named her Prissy.. from EBay after losing my Lexus in a divorce. Priss was weird from the start and scared the heck out of me for the first few months with her unpredictability. She would stop for no reason, would refuse to start.. etc etc. It wasnt unlikely to see me sitting her along side the road crying my eyes out. I finally found a mechanic here in Anchorage - FATS auto... and they saved me. Rather than see a woman who the could 'take' all the way... they treated me and Priss very fairly. Soon Priss came to love Alaska. However, there have bee a few problems lately. I forgot to add coolant. oops. The heater wasnt working so well. I left her downtown and cabbed it home one night and the next morning she just would not start.I thought I was going to die!!! we jumped her and i noticed the coolant overflow reservoir..it had cobwebs in it!!. I cant find the actual radiator cap so i filled up the overflow. Worked great until i got home and garaged her. Frigging coolant everywhere. I paniced.. thinking the WORST... but... Priss is somewhat of a magical girl. She has fixed herself. no leaks, nothing. she kind of freaks me out you know?? But i love her
  • 1993 Land Rover Range Rover
    Visitor, Scottsdale, AZ, August 08, 2010 07:29
    This 4.2 liter LWB has been remarkably extremely reliable for over 140,000 miles. It has never left me stranded. Despite all the horror stories that one hears about Range Rovers. Considering how remarkable these cars are..its pretty straight forward pertaining to the engine and drive train. I would want no other 4x4 in the extremes in remote Northern Arizona....
  • 2003 Land Rover Range Rover
    Visitor, Champaign, IL, July 30, 2010 08:46
    Vogue 4.4 petrol Model has been super until 80K miles and then the cooling system pipes, radiator and water pump and rad fill bottle all developed leaks and had to be replaced. Front wheel bearing and suspension bushes and air compressor is the next range of issues and all should be replaced. More regular engine oil and transmission oil changes required after 80K miles. Battery charge and over charging is an annual affair but the choice of battery and rating is crucial to rectifying the problem. A good buy for anyone who wants power, comfort and is prepared to spend dollars on regular maintenance.
  • 1995 Land Rover Range Rover
    Visitor, Buffalo, NY, April 28, 2010 19:35
    I've owned many RR C, but the 95 has been the best! Few of the common issues, but nothing to cry over. But these rigs are not for everyone, mostly because the DEALER will kill you on repairs that a inddy shop can do for half the $. Good thing , there is tons of info on the net on how to DIY repairs.
    tssimms, Norwalk, CT, August 20, 2009 19:26
    The tranmission and transfer case seem's to go often in these cars. I also had to replace the water pump and the reservoir tank twice in less than two month.
  • 2003 Land Rover Range Rover
    Elkhorse, Monument, CO, July 24, 2009 18:21
    See my review of the 2005 Ford Explorer a little while ago. It replaced this `03 Rover, which was a total LEMON. Every other month, a tranny, electrical, or self-leveling suspension problem. Warranty expired so I ditched it.
  • 1994 Land Rover Range Rover
    hemicuda, San Mateo, CA, January 15, 2009 11:28
    I bought one with a bad transfer case had to change it twice