Land Rover LR2 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Land Rover LR2
- At dealer in Nov., May, now Aug. for same issue. Won't start if not driven daily
- Hears vibrating sound when it reach 2000 rpm each time. What cause these happen?
- air flow flap control where about is it and how do you get it out
- My fuel door hinge broke and I need to find another. Help please!
- How long should wheel bearings last?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Land Rover LR2 Problems
The engine may idle poorly after a cold start, with fault codes P050B, P050E, and P061A stored in the engine control module (ECM). Our technicians tell us updated software is available for the ECM to correct this concern.
The adaptive lighting system may stop functioning along with illumination of the warning light. Our technicians tell us this can be caused if the system has lost the position of a stepper motor. A software update for the lighting system control module to correct this concern.
The parking brake may not hold because the cable is out of adjustment. Our technicians tell us that Adjusting the cable and burnishing the park brake shoes should correct this concern.
Land Rover LR2 Questions
Dealer states all systems within acceptable limits. Cannot determine problem part(s).
On 12/5/12 at 44,787 miles all four of the wheel bearings were replaced at Land Rover of San Antonio, part of the Cavender auto group. I heard a roaring noise and they found all four hub bearing assemblies needed to be replaced. The cost was $2,231.62 . I appealed to them that my wife drives this...
Land Rover LR2 Recalls
The brake calipers hold the brake pads in place and use hydraulic pressure to press the pads against the rotors when the brakes are applied. The bolts that hold the rear calipers in place may not have been sufficiently tightened during vehicle assembly. If the mounting bolts were to come loose, the caliper could detach from the vehicle resulting in loss of braking ability. The loose caliper could also strike the wheel, causing sudden deflation of a tire. Either of these situations may increase the risk of a crash. Land Rover dealers will inspect and tighten the rear brake caliper mounting bolts to correct this concern.
Landrover is recalling 2010–2011 LR2 models due to a shorting bar in the clockspring that may become disconnected when the driver's air bag module connector is installed. This may cause the driver's front air bag not to deploy as intended, increasing the risk of injury. Landrover will install a spacer in the electrical connector at fault to correct this issue.
Land Rover LR2 Reviews
2.5 years old,53,000 miles the drivers seat has had a click since new but the car is great. I wish I could find off road tires for it but odd size. I would buy a new one in 2 years.
On 12/5/12 at 44,787 miles all four of the wheel bearings were replaced at Land Rover of San Antonio, part of the Cavender auto group. I heard a roaring noise and they found all four hub bearing assemblies needed to be replaced. The cost was $2,231.62 . I appealed to them that my wife drives this car, to and from work,then to the stores. I called the parent company and they paid $1,000.00 of my...