Reviews for Land Rover Freelander years:

Land Rover Freelander Reviews and Owner Comments

Land Rover FreelanderOwner Reviews (4 reviews)
  • 2002 Land Rover Freelander
    Visitor, Mesquite, TX, August 18, 2013 20:02
    I have only had the car for a few weeks and bought it as is, knowing that the check engine light was an issue. The tailights and and most parts just plug in and are fairly simple for a female to repair. My problem is not really with the car but with Land Rover, Dallas - TX. I have taken the car to two State Inspection places where the vehicle was diagnosed and both indicated that Code PO171 (System Too Lean Bank 1)and PO174 (System Too Lean Bank 2)are related to the O2 Sensor and a Vacume Hose. The first shop inspected the vehicle and said it was a good buy, even with the check engine light, so I bought it. The second shop, changed my oil and lower brake light assembly and inspected the check engine light. In each case, the car was on its way to recovery with only the check engine light as an issue. I then took it to Land Rover Dallas as I wanted a professional opinion from the manufacturers of the vehicle and had their 5 points diagnostics performed - the report stated everything on the vehicle was good even the brake light(s). But on a different report, then indicated the check engine light was related to an intake manifold where the valve was not shutting properly. Their price was approximately $2500.00 to repair the vehicle. When I had Land Rover go back and check on the upper brake light to ensure it was working, Land Rover broke the functioning brake light assemblies and caused a blinker light malfunction by not putting the bulbs in properly. And then attempted to get me to buy new parts and service for the items they broke. What happens when Land Rover takes apart my original functional vehicle and it falls apart because it did not need new motors, or other parts that belong to the intake manifold? Will Land Rover tell me I need a Mass Air Flow Sensor and an O2 Sensor then? Is there a Land Rover mechanic in Dallas, TX that actually knows how to fix the vehicle and can be trusted to not lie about the fix to sell the most expensive parts?
  • 2002 Land Rover Freelander
    Visitor, Chicago, IL, November 14, 2012 13:39
    coolant dries up but no signs of leak on the driveway.
  • 2003 Land Rover Freelander
    Loveherpups, Bronx, NY, May 07, 2010 15:59
    I agree that this car is problem after problem and service at Land Rover is not to helpful.It is do it or go with them, They will not work with you except to trade it in for a bigger headache. It is a cute car but very costly to keep. I wish I would of never gotten it.
  • 2003 Land Rover Freelander
    R D, Boise, ID, March 05, 2010 21:17
    Pros: The Freelander is solid, quiet gets fairly good gas mileage, and is pleasurable to drive. Cons: Sucks money from wallet. In its first year with me the fuel pump failed ($750) Window regulator ($330) Light Switch ($220) also Rear window, Radio, Door locks (awaiting repair. Also AC is fairly weak and loud, and the front brakes wear out quickly. Required maintenance is going to cost $300 to $2000 in any given year. Nov 2009 -- Cylinder Sleeve slipped -- >$5000 to fix KBB value ~$3200 what a piece of junk (parts car for sale)