Land Rover Freelander Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Land Rover Freelander
- The car gets free while moving. Gear 4 is not working.
- Car starts fine but drive it, turn it off, it won't restart.
- What to check for blinkers not working
- Why does engine check light keep coming on? What does it really mean?
- What would cause intermitent "too lean" codes - computer stepping mixture down?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Land Rover Freelander Problems
Land Rover Freelander Questions
This problem occurs daily. Doesn't matter how far you drive, could be a mile or 100 miles. Turn it off and it won't restart. Turns over good, but no ignition. Wait 15 min. and it starts.
I can turn blinker on and want work,you can hear a humming noise.I had flasher checked and the man said it was good
Land Rover Freelander Recalls
Certain sport utility vehicles fail to comply to Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard # 208 "Occupant Crash Protection" The deflector panel contained in the passenger side air bag module may not have been built to specification. Damage to the air bag may occur that could allow the release of a fragment of the deflector panel into the passenger compartment, resulting in injury. The Land Rover recall # is B186
Land Rover Freelander Reviews
Pros: The Freelander is solid, quiet gets fairly good gas mileage, and is pleasurable to drive. Cons: Sucks money from wallet. In its first year with me the fuel pump failed ($750) Window regulator ($330) Light Switch ($220) also Rear window, Radio, Door locks (awaiting repair. Also AC is fairly weak and loud, and the front brakes wear out quickly. Required maintenance is going to cost $300 ...
I agree that this car is problem after problem and service at Land Rover is not to helpful.It is do it or go with them, They will not work with you except to trade it in for a bigger headache. It is a cute car but very costly to keep. I wish I would of never gotten it.
I have only had the car for a few weeks and bought it as is, knowing that the check engine light was an issue. The tailights and and most parts just plug in and are fairly simple for a female to repair. My problem is not really with the car but with Land Rover, Dallas - TX. I have taken the car to two State Inspection places where the vehicle was diagnosed and both indicated that Code PO171 ...