Land Rover Discovery Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Land Rover Discovery
- Door Won't Open Due to Internal Failure of Rear Cargo Door Latch
- Leaking Head Gaskets May Cause Low Coolant Levels
- Coolant May Leak Under Middle Due to Leaking Throttle Body Deicer
- Sticking Windshield Wiper Switch May Cause Delay in Wiper operation
- Sticky Ignition Switch May Cause Keys to Stick or Break
- engine is hard to start (hot or cold)
- My rover will start and run but dies when put into gear
- Why wont LR shift out of park?
- Fuel problem
- Car will not start when fuel tank is below half when left over night. Runs ok and will run when below half a tank but next morning will not start starving Cheers Ian
Land Rover Discovery Problems
Internal failure of the rear cargo door latch can cause the door to not open when using the outside door handle.
Land Rover Discovery Questions
Will not start when tank is under half when left over nightNight
these lights are the large off road lights not my lower fog lights which work fine
Land Rover Discovery Recalls
A banjo bolt at the Active Cornering Enhancement (ACE) pump joint may leak, which may cause a fire hazard. Dealers will inspect the pump area for leakage, retorque the bolt if no leaks are found, and replace the bolt if leaks are found.
Land Rover Discovery Reviews
Wow what a truck! Simply the best factory 4x4 available on the planet. You have to know what you are gettting into with one of these rigs though. Its is not a car you can simply change the oil in and expect to run for ever. They require an attentive owner, and a good service shop...but if well maintained this could be your rig for life! once you get past your warrantees, there is a plethora...
Have owned a 2004 SE7 since '05 - purchased used from LR Dealer with 20k miles, now has 76k. In the 6 yrs of ownership, it has been very, very good - although not perfect: loves to drink premium gas, window motors in both front doors needed replaced, moonroof seals are leak prone, and CD 6-pk got stuck & needed repaired. Mechanically, it has been flawless UP UNTIL NOW - coolant has been disappe...
I had to put a head gasket on my 2002. Did it myself. Dealer wanted $6k to to the head gasket. This thing runs like a horse and is fun to drive while looking classy.