Land Rover Discovery Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Land Rover Discovery
- Door Won't Open Due to Internal Failure of Rear Cargo Door Latch
- Coolant May Leak Under Middle Due to Leaking Throttle Body Deicer
- Leaking Head Gaskets May Cause Low Coolant Levels
- Sticking Windshield Wiper Switch May Cause Delay in Wiper operation
- Check Engine Light due to failed leak detection pump or oxygen sensor
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Land Rover Discovery Problems
Internal failure of the rear cargo door latch can cause the door to not open when using the outside door handle.
Land Rover Discovery Questions
the idling has been higher. Two days ago the engine stalled and there is know spark going to the plugs when you turn it over it has an empty sound I think it may be the ignition coil and if so how hard are they to change.
I have a 1999 Land Rover which I just bought. Ran fine until it blew a fuse (which we changed) hasn't been running hardly at all since. I can start it somedays but wouldn't trust it to drive. The check engine light is on when started and right before you start it. Now the Manual mode an...
However,there is no power from purple and white at the pump. What could be my problem?? fuses tested ok.Where is the fuel pump relay??Which one is it. There are several. Car cranks but wont run.Please help.I found the pump reset on the firewall.I need power to the pump.
Land Rover Discovery Recalls
A banjo bolt at the Active Cornering Enhancement (ACE) pump joint may leak, which may cause a fire hazard. Dealers will inspect the pump area for leakage, retorque the bolt if no leaks are found, and replace the bolt if leaks are found.
Land Rover Discovery Reviews
Have owned a 2004 SE7 since '05 - purchased used from LR Dealer with 20k miles, now has 76k. In the 6 yrs of ownership, it has been very, very good - although not perfect: loves to drink premium gas, window motors in both front doors needed replaced, moonroof seals are leak prone, and CD 6-pk got stuck & needed repaired. Mechanically, it has been flawless UP UNTIL NOW - coolant has been disappe...
I had to put a head gasket on my 2002. Did it myself. Dealer wanted $6k to to the head gasket. This thing runs like a horse and is fun to drive while looking classy.
Off-road - no problem. Snow storms - handles extremely well. Principle mode of transportation - NO WAY. Dealers are vampires and service reps are minions of the dealer. I cannot believe how badly serviced this vehicle is. Oil pump has a serious design flaw, ABS system sucks, legacy electrical problems that have haunted this vehicle for more than 10 years. LR has known about these faults f...