Land Rover Discovery Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Land Rover Discovery
- Yes the transnfer case just went out on truck is it worth fixing
- Why after I replaced the battery is it still stalling out and won't shift into g
- Compressor has a leak and rear axle seal is leaking differential fluid onto rear brake pads and needs to be fixed
- The automatic fuel filler door latch is broken on my '02 disco
- My rover will start and run but dies when put into gear
Land Rover Discovery Problems
Internal failure of the rear cargo door latch can cause the door to not open when using the outside door handle.
Land Rover Discovery Questions
All the dash lights come on and are blinking
Land Rover Discovery Recalls
A banjo bolt at the Active Cornering Enhancement (ACE) pump joint may leak, which may cause a fire hazard. Dealers will inspect the pump area for leakage, retorque the bolt if no leaks are found, and replace the bolt if leaks are found.
Land Rover Discovery Reviews
Have owned a 2004 SE7 since '05 - purchased used from LR Dealer with 20k miles, now has 76k. In the 6 yrs of ownership, it has been very, very good - although not perfect: loves to drink premium gas, window motors in both front doors needed replaced, moonroof seals are leak prone, and CD 6-pk got stuck & needed repaired. Mechanically, it has been flawless UP UNTIL NOW - coolant has been disappe...
I had to put a head gasket on my 2002. Did it myself. Dealer wanted $6k to to the head gasket. This thing runs like a horse and is fun to drive while looking classy.
The vehicle is great. HOWEVER...DON"T deal with the dealer if you can avoid it...it will be a nightmare. ALSO, the electrical systems suck..always a problem. Every door lock does not work..all 5doors and NO RECALL. It drive sgreat and handles well in the snow..