Land Rover Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Land Rover
- Door Won't Open Due to Internal Failure of Rear Cargo Door Latch
- Leaking Head Gaskets May Cause Low Coolant Levels
- Coolant May Leak Under Middle Due to Leaking Throttle Body Deicer
- Defective Vehicle Height Sensor May Deactivate Air Suspension
- Sticking Windshield Wiper Switch May Cause Delay in Wiper operation
- Yes the transnfer case just went out on truck is it worth fixing
- Why after I replaced the battery is it still stalling out and won't shift into g
- How do I reset the air bag indicator light on a 2005 land rover
- I see oil leaking out of the oil Filter housing. What does that mean?
- Compressor has a leak and rear axle seal is leaking differential fluid onto rear brake pads and needs to be fixed
Land Rover Problems
Internal failure of the rear cargo door latch can cause the door to not open when using the outside door handle.
Land Rover Questions
All the dash lights come on and are blinking
Land Rover Recalls
An electrical connector for the driver and/or passenger side seat airbag may become disconnected due to insufficient clearance for the wire harness within the seat. If this were to occur the affected side airbag would not function as expected in the event of a crash, increasing the risk of personal injury. Dealers will modify the area around the problem connector to prevent it from becoming accidentally disconnected.
The brake calipers hold the brake pads in place and use hydraulic pressure to press the pads against the rotors when the brakes are applied. The bolts that hold the rear calipers in place may not have been sufficiently tightened during vehicle assembly. If the mounting bolts were to come loose, the caliper could detach from the vehicle resulting in loss of braking ability. The loose caliper could also strike the wheel, causing sudden deflation of a tire. Either of these situations may increase the risk of a crash. Land Rover dealers will inspect and tighten the rear brake caliper mounting bolts to correct this concern.
Thirty-six vehicles are being recalled because during the manufacturing process, the windshield on these vehicles may have been installed incorrectly. In the event of a crash, the windshield may come loose from the vehicle, increasing the risk of injury to the vehicle's occupants. Dealers will replace the windshield on these vehicles to correct this concern. The Land Rover recall number is P028.
Land Rover Reviews
The tranmission and transfer case seem's to go often in these cars. I also had to replace the water pump and the reservoir tank twice in less than two month.
Rear differential just replaced under warranty at 33K miles. If it had been out of warranty it would have been $4000.00 for electronic locking rear diff. Not sure if I am going to keep Truck past 50K warranty period. Thought about buying extended warranty but they $5000.00 for 1 more year of driving in my case.
I recently purchased this vehicle used. I love it so far.