Land Rover Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Land Rover
- Door Won't Open Due to Internal Failure of Rear Cargo Door Latch
- Leaking Head Gaskets May Cause Low Coolant Levels
- Coolant May Leak Under Middle Due to Leaking Throttle Body Deicer
- Sticking Windshield Wiper Switch May Cause Delay in Wiper operation
- Defective Vehicle Height Sensor May Deactivate Air Suspension
- My 2008 LR2 Land Rover won't start. What could be the cause of it , Any idea ?
- engine is hard to start (hot or cold)
- My rover will start and run but dies when put into gear
- Car starts fine but drive it, turn it off, it won't restart.
- can anyone other than a dealer fix the problem with the air suspension light
Land Rover Problems
Internal failure of the rear cargo door latch can cause the door to not open when using the outside door handle.
Land Rover Questions
The clunking noise only happens when I slow down and turn. Otherwise suspension seems fine and it runs like a dream. Could this be bushings? If so could it be something that I could fix myself?
Land Rover Recalls
Due to the use of an incorrect primer, the adhesive securing the panoramic roof assembly may fail, causing the roof to detach from the vehicle. Dealers will apply the correct primer free of charge to resolve the concern.
These vehicles are being recalled because their front brake lines (hoses) may rupture causing loss of brake fluid and braking control. Loss of front braking in a vehicle reduces the ability to stop suddenly, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the front brake lines and replace both as necessary.
The occupant classification system may fail, causing unintended deactivation of the passenger air bag. Dealers will update the restraint control module (RCM) software free of charge to resolve the concern.
Land Rover Reviews
The tranmission and transfer case seem's to go often in these cars. I also had to replace the water pump and the reservoir tank twice in less than two month.
On 12/5/12 at 44,787 miles all four of the wheel bearings were replaced at Land Rover of San Antonio, part of the Cavender auto group. I heard a roaring noise and they found all four hub bearing assemblies needed to be replaced. The cost was $2,231.62 . I appealed to them that my wife drives this car, to and from work,then to the stores. I called the parent company and they paid $1,000.00 of my...
Rear differential just replaced under warranty at 33K miles. If it had been out of warranty it would have been $4000.00 for electronic locking rear diff. Not sure if I am going to keep Truck past 50K warranty period. Thought about buying extended warranty but they $5000.00 for 1 more year of driving in my case.