Kia Sportage Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Kia Sportage
- My front windshield stop working and there was a popping noise after they stop w
- I can't find the differential fluid plug, is it serviceable?inside transmission?
- Is the ABS unit coveted under their warranty? I am the original owner
- fuel, fire,compression no start please help
- my car starts by itself once the key is in the ignition
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
Kia Sportage Problems
Vehicles driven in areas where roads are heavily salted in winter may experience corrosion of the fuel tank, which can result in a leak. Kia has extended the fuel tank warranty on the 1996-2002 models. Please check with you local Kia dealer for more information, the service bulletin number is 059
A defective AC compressor clutch assembly can cause excessive noise or vibration when the air conditioning is on. Improved parts are available. Replacing the faulty clutch assembly does not necessitate replacement of the complete AC compressor or evacuation and recharging of the air conditioning system.
Check Engine Light illumination—combined with a lack of power or a stumble on acceleration—may be caused by the throttle position switch (TPS). Kia released an improved part which should correct this concern.
Kia Sportage Questions
sportage just died, sprayed starting fuield but no luck. checked all fueses under hood and inside all good. pulled fuel line off at filter and when cracking fuel shoots out. checked coils with meter and screw driver against block got spark.pull fuel pump and test with battery charger it kicked on...
Kia Sportage Recalls
The affected Kia models are being recalled because the brake light switch can fail prematurely, resulting in the loss of brake light operation as well as concerns with other electrical systems including: Cruise control, push-button start feature, shifter, and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system. Dealers will replace the brake light switch to correct this concern.
The stop lamp switch may fail, affecting many vehicle systems including the brake lights, transmission shift interlock, electronic stability control, and the cruise control. Failure of any of these systems could increase risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the stop lamp switch to correct these issues. This recall is to begin on June 17, 2009. The Kia recall number is SC077.
Kia Sportage Reviews
I purchased a new 2009 2 wheel drive KIA SPORTAGE EX from FOLGER KIA, Charlotte, for my wife, a 64 year old retired 2nd grade teacher. She and I drove the car exclusively to run errands locally and to visit her mother who lives 150 miles away. No rigorous driving at all. Recently she was traveling by herself to visit her mother. During the trip she started experiencing transmission tro...
My 2009 Kia Sportage after 3 years is making a clunking noise when it goes from 2nd to 3rd gear. It jerks the vehicle. It just turned over to 30,000 miles. I have had my vehicle in several times to have it inspected and each time the dealer tells me that there is nothing wrong with my vehicle. Two other family members have driven the vehicle and experienced the same thing yet....there's nothi...
The ESC Off light would not go off and the cruise control stopped working in my 2009 Kia Sportage. The recall for this was for the '06 and '07 models only but my car is still under warranty. The dealership replaced the brake light switch and told me the tail light bulbs needed replacing because they were burnt out. They also said that the burnt out lights caused the malfunction of the brake lig...