Reviews for Kia Rio years:

Kia Rio Reviews and Owner Comments

Kia RioOwner Reviews (48 reviews)
    Visitor, Long Grove, IA, May 29, 2014 14:41
    CHECK your timing belt!!!! ours only had 53,000 on it and timing belt went out! Motor is toast! never buy one again!!!
    Visitor, Buckeye, AZ, April 19, 2014 13:19
    I had a 2007 kia rio 5 spd manual. It was my first car I ever bought. I bought it at 50k and I ended up crashing it on the freeway at 75k. It was the best car, never had a problem with it. I'd only change a few things about it. I would demand power steering and I would have had the windows tinted. But other than that, awsome little car. I swear by kia. I own a kia sportage now, and again love it. But I want my kia rio again.
    Visitor, Henderson, NV, February 18, 2014 06:41
    I hear complaints about the Rio, but I have to tell you ours is an incredible car. We bought it used three years ago. Service it at the dealer. Only problem was the horn shorting out, which they covered under warranty, even though we were a few Hundred miles over. Totally reliable. Great gas mileage. I just got my wife a 13 Lexus 450, she drove it for a while, but lately I catch her driving the 07 Rio - she says she never has to worry about the car, can park it anywhere easily. She just loves that car. So whatever you read about the Rio, we love it - one of the best cars I have ever owned.
    Visitor, Youngstown, NY, January 28, 2014 15:36
    I purchased my 2006 Kia Rio5 in March of 2006, and so far my family of 4 has logged 251,000KM. We love the hatchback, it cost us a few grand extra but it gives us the ability to move dresser without the hatch open. It's basic but when we need a car to drive to Florida from Toronto it's the one to choose. We upgraded tires and rims to 185-15's and tinted the glass(a nod to my teenage sons) added fabric protection and rustproofing and she's good to go. All you gotta do is watch those fluids like a hawk! Oil @5000K, transmission, coolant, water pump, TIMING BELT, serpentine belt a must @100,000..I love the fact that my Rio5 cruises at 65 miles per hour AT 2500RPM.....can't do that in a Yaris...in 8 years I have changed tires,a battery and a windshield, all of which were reasonably priced parts. I have had only one repair, my security module failed in the ignition..... all in all a great value and an awesome winter car
    8c8an9sa, Wake Island, HI, January 21, 2014 01:49
    My 2006 KIA RIO has done over 156,000 KMS and it has been fantastic.I get serviced regularly and I keep it in excellent condition. I also put on 185/15 tyres and the difference to road handling and ride is amazing.I also have ABS braking which has come handy on several occasions.In Australia I have the JB 1.6L twin cam 16 valve with CCTV variable valve timing fuel injected motor. This is my little red rocket I am going to keep the car as long as possible because the newer models are not worth investing that amount of money. In Australia,term deposits are paying around 5% interest so I'll keep my money in the Bank!
  • 2009 Kia Rio
    Visitor, Necedah, WI, December 08, 2013 21:24
    I have 244000 on my Rio. That is not a typo! Oil changes every 5000(synthetic). Timing belt change at every 65000. Still get 32-36 mpg winter and 37-40 mpg summer. Love this little car!
    Visitor, Charlottesville, VA, November 10, 2013 11:44
    I read some of the other review and wonder if I really have the same car as everyone else. I got my Rio in '07 @56k miles. I've kept the oil changed, timing belt changed @70k, but that's about all the maintenance it has gotten. Works just fine. The engine is underpowered, but that's only if you're expecting a Ferrari. It's a low budget, commuter car. It does exactly what it is supposed to - 4 wheels and drives. Has a manual tranny, so I can down-shift to get onto interstates, just have to know what you've got and work with that. Problems - Internal lights for the heater switches flicker; 1st gear is stubborn but works; Internal body parts are cheap plastic (ie - seat belt cover); Glove compartment handle is non-operational, but is non-essential; cover for stick shift and e-brake are cheap vinyl cloth - easy fix if the cosmetics bother you. Now @140k and still going strong. Enjoying not having a car payment.
    Visitor, Grand Rapids, MI, November 05, 2013 18:01
    I bought my Kia Rio in 2004. I will never buy a Kia again. It is so sluggish, I hate to get on the interstate. My heater constantly quits working. My Mechanic says too much current runs through and causes a part to blow. The air conditioner blows lukewarm air. I had a pontiac I drove for 20 years and loved. I can not stand this car. Don't buy a Kia!
    Visitor, Leesville, SC, July 31, 2012 08:12
    I bought my Kia Rio used from a dealership with a little over 42,000 miles on it about 6 years ago. It now has over 150,000 miles and still runs pretty good. No major problems. Routine maintenance like oil changes every 3000-5000, new tires, one new battery. This has been a great car. Will make sure my next car is a KIA!!!
    Visitor, Clarksville, TN, July 03, 2012 12:17
    Oh boy where to start. This is my 3rd kia and it disgust me that the newer vehicles suck. First TPMS gone out on two tires (gonna cost 150.00), had to change sparkplugs which is normal but the coil packs went out on #1 & #2 (100.00 each). Now forsome awful reason in the afternoons I cant get enough power to go and when it does I get white smoke out the back. Check engine light never wants to stay off longer than a day and something else needs to be fixed.I got this car brand new with 19 miles, lovedit until it hit 62798 from then on problems. The first was the output sensor which cost200.00, then the odometer and speedometer. What else could go wrong. Oh yeah the transmission needs an updated software packet and there is a recall on the driver airbag which they will inform the owners in july. I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK.
    Visitor, Louisville, KY, June 30, 2012 18:01
    bought it brand new with only 7 miles on it and now its at 75000ish miles and just now starting to have to replace parts but its 11yrs old what else do you expect?
    Visitor, Eastlake, OH, May 28, 2012 16:16
    Bought it from a private seller when it was 2 yrs old, with 28,000 miles on it, for $7000. I immediately put new brakes and tires on it. Took it to the dealership to have them give it a once over, and they found some little plastic tabs to replace, free of charge because the 2nd owner has up to 60,000 miles. Had the right front wheel bearing replaced (free of charge, under warranty) at 50,000. The front left just acted up and they have to replace the strut as well. Its not under warranty anymore (currently 75,000 miles) $700 and they gave me a loaner for the day. Oil gets changed between 3,000 and 5,000 miles. If you change it at 7,500 its pretty black. I have Blizzaks on the factory aluminum rims for winter time, and the car is like a tank in the snow. Summertime I have some 17" rims with Yokohama tires and it stays glued to the road. I rotate the tires every other oil change, and switch sets seasonally. During the summer, on my trip from Cleveland to Des Moines (700ish miles) I arrived to my destination having filled up only once, and still had 3/8s tank left. That was with 2 adults and 2 children in the car. It was packed tight, probably over loaded. Only complaint is no Cruise control, and its tiny. Other than that, this is one of the most reliable and efficient cars I have ever owned. Kia of Mentor is also a great dealership to take your car to, especially if its still under warranty.
    Visitor, Ridgeway, OH, May 23, 2012 14:02
    my Rio will not stay running going down road will die somtimes 3 times in a row other times not for 3 days no problem. Had it at dealership they charged me $1600.00 said it was fixed .Will never buy another Kia. If I could get it fixed would be ok with it .
    Karen_1976, Hixson, TN, January 30, 2012 06:27
    I own a 2003 Kia Rio Cinco Wagon. I will never buy another Kia. I think they are too hit and miss. Some cars are great, no problems, great gas mileage, etc. My car is a 4 cylinder gas hog. The mileage I get for that small car with the cramped interior space is the same as a roomy 6 cylinder SUV. Literally, 17 - 20 miles in city, 25 on the Highway. I once rented a Kia (not sure of the model) but it was their smallest size. I drove from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Paramus, New Jersey, and only filled up once. The trip took me over 8 hours. My Kia, going approximately the same distance, required 2 refills more. I purchased the car from a dealer, and now know why someone had traded in a car that wasn't even three years old and had less than 20,000 miles on it. Since I have had it, the clutch seized up (wouldn't get out of park). That was right after I purchased it. I was told by the mechanic that they had gotten a lot of problems with that. I consulted Kia about the gas mileage, since it was still under the 5 year warranty. They gave me a bogus problem (something about the spark plugs), charged me $275 dollars, which of course was NOT covered under the warranty because they said there was a nest and some critters had chewed through the electrical). Of course, in less than a year the top light in the car stopped working, the cheapo battery needed to be replaced at the 3 year mark, etc, etc. Today, the axle broke. The car has always been well maintained. I lived in Pennsylvania which not only requires emmision testing, but safety testing (they put the car on a lift, remove the wheels and check brakes, etc), plus the necessary things. My mechanic was with me through 2 other cars and I had oil changes every 3 months or 3000 miles (whichever came first), I had proper tires put on and checked air pressure myself, I called my mechanic and had routine checks for noises, etc that seemed weird or if the car wasn't performing right. And when I say I had everything done to resolve the gas issue, I did. That included my regular mechanic, a friend who is a master mechanic, speaking with other mechanics at different shops, looking on line to see if other Kia Rio owners had the same problem, etc, etc. I drove 10 miles to work either way, my daycare was en route home, etc, and I had to fill up that car after about 5 days of driving. Meanwhile, my friend purchased a Chevy Cobalt and was getting over 350 miles for each fill up (she put gas in her car twice a month). I found out I was not alone with the gas problem. One person said they got about 175 miles to a tank, which is about what I get (11.75 gallon tank capacity). Also, as someone else stated, the car has NO PICKUP! It chugs slowly uphill, and living in Western PA meant chugging quite often. Even driving up to speed on the highway, with momentum on your side, at the least incline in the road, I would have to turn off the air conditioning/ heat so that every available ounce of energy could get it up to speed. I have never had to do that with any car I have owned. Now, I can't complain about the axle, even though the car has under 65,000 miles, it is 9 years old and saw it's fair amount of salt in Pennsylvania (I'll know what all the damages are when the mechanic calls). There has to be better cars out there. I figure what I have had to pay in gasoline, I could have been 1/2 way to a brand new car. SO KIA, NEVER AGAIN!
    Visitor, Sunnyvale, CA, December 15, 2011 01:28
    I bought this car new in 2005 as a last years model with 64 miles on it. I loved it for the most part except for a few problems: My version was the 4door manual and the clutch went out after 5 years 500 bucks out of my pocket...Then the clutch cable broke another 100 bucks...Then around 68k miles my timing belt broke and just as everyone above says: it totaled my engine. Luckily I found a nice mechanic who rebuilt my entire engine for about 900 bucks. I've been advised to check the timing belt again at 90k miles and then again at 120k miles. Its about $180 per check and when my engine timing belt broke my dealer refused to cover the damage under warranty. I think the misfortune of damages that I recieved from car accidents made me about $3000 and my car does still currently run, with a horrible wobbly feeling, probably from the aforementioned car accidents where I recieved car insurance compensation but chose not to apply it to the POS cheapie looking car that I own. Non-powersteering of this car gives me a great workout when i need to make those turn on a dime handles mentioned in the earlier review.
    Visitor, Kissimmee, FL, November 16, 2011 09:55
    Bought my Kia Rio brand new. They had a $1000 rebate plus dealer incentives. Literally emailed every kia dealership within 200 miles, and bought it for less than $12K. Been a great car. Changed the plugs, battery, 2 front tires, and engine and tranny fluids after 59K. Replaced the timing belt big ouch on cost but what are gonna do. If you don't and the belt goes, super big ouch on cost.
    Visitor, Fort Lauderdale, FL, October 19, 2011 16:36
    2001 Kia Rio;has 26000 miles bought new put new sparkplug and wires also I put a new coil it is automatic it shakes in any shift dont now what to do.
    Visitor, Colorado Springs, CO, September 02, 2011 12:20
    How do you remove the alternator on my rio sedan? It is on the passenger side near the firewall towards the bottom of the engine. There are 2 hoses above it that might have a little play but not much.
    Visitor, Six Lakes, MI, August 31, 2011 15:35
    This car is little and not a lot of space but it bets me where i need to go fast. the car breaks down too much to have it reliable.
    Visitor, Des Moines, IA, August 12, 2011 19:38
    I bought my 2008, or so I was told- turns out it's a 2007, Kia Rio from Des Moines Imports for around $15,000. I loved the car at first. Then about a year after buying the car my driver side door panel fell off. I requested it to be repaired. They said it would cost over $400 so my fiance has screwed it on for the time being. After this happened my transmission had to be replaced. The car only had a little over 40,000 miles on it and had routine maintenance done on it since I bought it. Now, after only three years, I can't even get it to start. There is something wrong with the emission system and not sure what else, but the dealership won't look at it for free, they want $150 for diagnostic testing. I took it elsewhere for this but have tried to call Kia for repair estimates. After a week they have not returned my calls or emails. Super disappointed.
    Visitor, Thompsons Station, TN, July 29, 2011 10:45
    bought new, first week my ac unite burnt up. took 2 weeks to get my new kia back. 2 years later my ac is loosing power and drains the car, seems its going out again. this is an issue with many owners. wish it had locks on back doors outside.
    Visitor, Canton, GA, July 10, 2011 15:22
    Bought my 2003 Kia Rio new, and she has driven great so far.
    Visitor, Litchfield, MN, February 23, 2011 11:54
    Have 2008 Kia Rio base model. Gets 35 mpg winter and 40+ mpg summer. use to drive to work only. Brought to dealer for first warrany service. I paid almost $500.00 to keep warranty up. Scam the dealer never changed tranmission oil wich I paid for. The bill didn't show they changed it so I called dealer and they said it was done and would send me another receipt showing it was done. I climed uner the car and the plug was never removed. never been back to Kia for work again go to local shops for service. Have 96 thousand miles now, brake shoes just wore out. Starting to have problems with fuel system pressure code and number one cylinder miss firing. Only paid $9000.00 new so I guess its nickle and dime time.
    Visitor, Lillington, NC, February 06, 2011 22:43
    I now have over 50,000 miles on my KIA. I bought new tires last year and I have my oil and oil filter changed every 7,500 miles. I have always had my oil changed at 7,500 for every car that I have owned and it never caused any problems. I have had my spark plugs changed although they were not that bad at the time that I changed them. So far it has been running great. I save a lot on gas compared to my previous car. I did take my car in a few times because the brakes squealed (it even happened the first week that i had the car). They cleaned out the brake shavings. It only seems to happen if there is a lot or rain. I just had my tires rotated a few days ago and the brakes were still good. I have even left my lights on all night long (a few times) and the battery did not go dead, I just took the car out for a long drive to charge it up.
    Visitor, Berlin, NH, January 30, 2011 07:36
    Im my opinion its the worst car money can buy ...Kia doesnt stand by what they make .,. The transmision went at 83k they replaced it after a fight ... so much for a 10y 100k warranty .,,, Two weeks later it went again come to find out they put in a used tranny... I Will NEVER buy a kia .. I wouldnt even take one if it were free...
    Visitor, Midlothian, IL, January 01, 2011 07:57
    I bought this vehicle brand new and we have had ZERO problems with it other than normal maintenance. 105,000 miles on it and haven't had to have any major repairs. Best 12 grand I ever spent. We are VERY vigilant about addressing ANY kind of noise or problem immediately and not letting things get out of control. We change the oil regularly etc. The interior looks like hell but that is because my husband uses it for work and is throwing tools all over the place and driving onto construction sites etc. This vehicle replaced my Honda Accord which needed numerous repairs FAR before it got to the age of this car.....it needed a new power steering pump, fuel pump and water pump all before it was 5 years old whereas the Kia is now 8 years old and hasn't required any of these repairs and has been driven far more and far more roughly than the Honda ever was. I really can't think of any complaint about my Kia, I would buy another in a heartbeat. I can't really say anything about the dealer or Kia in general because I have never had to deal with them because I haven't had any kind of issue with the car. Like I said, just the normal stuff one has to do, we JUST this past summer at over 7 years old had to get an alt and battery, belts....radiator cooling fan last summer (which we swapped out in literally ten minutes ourselves....bought an after market one for $70 online and it is IDENTICAL to the OEM one it replaced). Obviously it has had brake jobs and exhaust system replaced.....but really, nothing out of the ordinary as far as repairs or problems. Keeping fingers crossed we get another 105,000 miles out of it! At the rate it is going my husband will destroy the inside before the engine actually goes!!
    Visitor, Jacksonville, FL, November 27, 2010 12:04
    I bought my car brand new in March 2001 and it was a good first car for a 20 year old with no knowledge of car maintenance, but after 2-3 years I said I would never buy another Kia. It has been one headache after another. I've had to replace the engine, radiator, and starter. And I think I need to change the alternator now. It always jerked like it had to think about if it wanted to move if you pressed the gas too hard. The interior fabric always stained easily, both sun visors fell off, and I have to get a new battery about every 2 years. I've kept the car b/c as a nursing assistant 1) I enjoy not having anymore car payments, 2) I'm attached to the booger and 3)after getting married and moving out on my own, I now have debt. Last month my sister was renting a 2010 Rio while she was living in LA for work, and even that car sucked! God willing, I will never buy another Kia.
    Visitor, Kingwood, TX, November 06, 2010 02:05
    Horrible car, horrible dealership i.e. very crooked and bought out less than 2 years later, but kept the same horrible service people. started to take in less than a month after i got it, taken in over 6 times for transmission, now they are finally looking at it. steering is awful even when i replaced the tires.its uncomfortable for anyone with severe back problems. unsafe is a brutal understatement. gas mileage is a myth my old 3/4 ton chevy got far better than this junk, especially with this damn broken transmission i spend far more now than i ever did then. the fact they denied me service and left me in that unsafe vehicle is criminal and this car should not be allowed on the road, or for that matter any sub compact.
  • 2009 Kia Rio
    Visitor, South Bend, IN, August 29, 2010 16:43
    This is a HORRIBLE car! I have had nothing but problems with it. I bought it brand new and it only has a little over 10,000 miles on it. I already had a complete electrical malfunction, breaks went bad in THREE months and they still cant find the problem with them and I've had the car for 7 months now (still with the bad breaks), light fictures fell out and the warranty doesnt cover that, and now my air conditioner is making hissing noises. My paint was chipping off withing a matter of days of me driving it off of the lot. Paid $14,000 cash for it and its only worth $200 in my eyes.
    Visitor, Fort Wayne, IN, August 23, 2010 16:29
    Best new car I have ever had. 60000+ miles, replaced tires and timing belt. Overall average mpg is 37.5 and I can get 41 on highway trips. All of my gas milage calculations are with 2 adults and three kids plus luggage. (manual trans)
    jdc, New Braunfels, TX, August 10, 2010 20:36
    bouhgt the car new has 84000k now, only problem battery, was replaced by dealer n/c. Relaced timing belt because the mait schedule said to do at 60k had repaced at 79000k. Plan to drive as long as possible
    Visitor, Rowlett, TX, August 09, 2010 07:01
    I bought this car as a second car for the kids to run around in. I've had it 2 years and only replaced the battery. Its' adorable and I'd buy another one.
    GRANDPA 1949, Collbran, CO, July 24, 2010 13:57
    good car 2002 bought it new 94000 no problems except had to change the thermostat IF IT WILL STAND UP TO MY WIFE DRIVING IT HAS TO BE GOOD
    Visitor, Temecula, CA, July 21, 2010 14:15
    I bought a 2006 Kia Rio brand new at the end of July 2006. I've onyl had a few issues with the car, mainly my inexperience with maintenance. I did have to purchase a new battery after 2yrs. I did have to buy 4 new tires, 2 at a time, only because i was not aware that the places changing my oil did not automatically balance & rotate the tires. Overall its been an awesome car and I would recommend it to new drivers! Currently at 98k miles
    Visitor, Phoenix, AZ, June 12, 2010 10:00
    bought my car less than two years ago with 29,000 miles and it has been in the shop almost 20 times!!! It dies in the street 3 times and is even dead now as Iw rite this. The battery just went. the other times it died it was because it needed a new transmission. The dealership seemed to have no clue and kept putting things on my car. Finally on like the 15 visit they put a transmission in. But than the water pump went, it needs a timing belt, and now the battery is dead. Thank God I got an extended warranty but I still pay $50.00 a pop just to be seen. Luckily so far everything was covered. But the timing belt won't be. I am stuck with the car now. I must say I learned a lot about cars from this. I call my car the "White Devil" now, lol. Everytime I get in I pat the steering wheel and pray it will start.
    2004 Kia Rio2007, Poway, CA, May 16, 2010 11:26
    2004 Kia Rio can really be surprising with all kinds of vehicle problems that it has eyes and ears so you need to behalf in it, while riding and driving. Problems of a 2004 Kia Rio and along the trail will eat your money throughout its lifespan. It can really be a good car, if only these problems do not exist... here goes the evils of 2004 Kia Rio.. Drive on a smooth road, if your tires are bad because it can hold you for two years,but once three tires become really bad, start buying one by one. After you buy the first tire, your wheel will start shaking like a cranky baby (alignment/axel problem) scaring you all the time as you take a drive on road and not making you drive on the freeway because the second tire will blow out on you. It is true that as you drive on a steep hill, it does not have the horsepower to go on the speed limit, as a very idle baby needing to be cradled, as other people would make a laugh at you on the road for slowing done on the speed limit. Then, again, it becomes so active in speed beyond the speed limit like an hyperactive crying baby without control. The Brakes are unpredictable because it does not hold onto a stop that its timing just sped you so fast that is why you need to leave one car space in front of you as you drive on the road. When it comes to traffic light stops, you need to start stepping on the brakes half-a-mile before you come to have the brakes stop. Its brake plates are bad because the lugnuts does not fit in the hole size, what a workman's craft in this 2004 kia rio. Kia company needs to replace its engineers for having a sleepy nonsense brain in math and design. Alignment/axel, a very noisy car, when it its bumps and broken road. Its door just lock you out and its window just trick you in the roll up. there is a ghost living in the 2004 kia rio, could it be that the previous owner died in the car of the worker at kia rio manufacturing shop. Wiper just cut you off, headlights panel darken its face. raditor, transmission, starter all are problems. Kia Manufacturing company needs to give all 2004 Kia Rio Free repairs for life. it is just a sickly car with too many ailments. thanks! Owner 0f a pre-owned 2004 kia rio
    rebecca.joyce, New Haven, CT, March 14, 2010 17:31
    I actually live in Canada, I just used my ex's zip code lol I bought my '04 brand new, it's the tuner edition, and I loved it, because I was 19. He's had his ups and downs. It's amazing on gas, that's the biggest plus. And it turns on a dime, I've driven other people's cars and had to do a 3-5 point turns in spots where I just flip around, comes in very handy when you need to do a U'y :) But, alas, like most other rio owners, my timing belt went as well. It blew last year, my car had approx. 100, 000 km's on it, and it was right after I revved the engine pretty high. Also, the interior light acted up, and my glove box broke (the handle won't open the box and they said I'd have to completely replace it) Other than that, I haven't had any issues with it, so I reccomend it for people who don't want to pay a lot for gas, and don't need to feel like they own the road :)
    hiersbonds, Naples, FL, March 08, 2010 08:53
    worst car i have ever had do not buy a KIA they are lemons please do not put yourself in the same thing i have been through they need a recall for all kia cars
    OlyWarlock, Olympia, WA, February 22, 2010 20:11
    Purchased as a 2nd owner with 20K miles. Cute and sexy for a subcompact *the cherry red paint on mine looked great with tint*. Last night @ 85,900 miles the timing belt "snapped" 2 miles from home on my way to work. This caused the engine to "blow". I read above someone else had the same problem and wanted to post that my car did the EXACT SAME THING. Saved some money on gas for the 40 months I had it. Had it paid off as well. Thought it had another 50-60k miles on it...BUMMER $2860 for a "used engine" and installation. Mechanic said I just had horrible luck and that everything else looks tip-top. This 2004 Rio needed 4 new headlight bulbs as it is extrememely shaky especially on older or banged up roads. The suspension is actually the worst of any somewhat newer car I've driven in. I got ~31-32 mpg when doing 90% freeway miles.
    jmont1962, Easton, PA, February 15, 2010 10:13
    I bought my 2003 brand new. Noticed the lack of power immediately. As the years go by, it seems to be "broken in" and while it isn't powerful, it is better than when it was new. Very reliable car. Great gas mileage. Very roomy in front with lots of leg and head room. The car has paid for itself already.
    screwedbykia, Hinsdale, NH, October 29, 2009 15:37
    I bought this car for my daughter to go to school and work. It had 45,000 miles on it-was a "cute" looking car. Less than 2 years later-the timing belt went and blew the engine. We've had issues from the start with the transmission, cooling system, brakes and suspension. My mechanic labeled the car "a piece of crap-not worth fixing". Had taken it to Kia dealer multiple times while under warranty for possible engine issues with the standard "nothing wrong found" response- till the belt blew and the car was a total loss-with $4000 still owed. DO NOT BUY A KIA!
    redfisher80, Renton, WA, June 19, 2009 20:37
    Does not have anti-lock brakes. Doesn't have enough horsepower to get you up a steep hill.
    ErikHeiker, Wasilla, AK, April 16, 2009 00:23
    Great little car. Always starts and runs, has never been down. 32 MPG in the city, 37 MPG on the highway. Paid $7499.00 for it, brand new. After 52k miles everything is still nice and tight. The engine uses no oil in between oil changes.
    kingfast, Garland, TX, April 08, 2009 15:20
    Purchased our Kia in Aug of 07. Paid $13,500 cash drive out. Have kept detailed records. Only repair was to replace the factory supplied battery after the first year. Replaced with a Sears Die Hard. Getting 25+ mpg in city. Currently have a bit over 9,000 miles logged after 20 months of use. Vehicle looks and smells like it just came from the show room. Other than the occasional oil / filter change, car wash, and battery issue noted above, no problems what so ever. We love this car. Perfect for us. No kids, over 60 and loving it.
    lukebuyak, Rockford, IL, February 02, 2009 17:25
    I've almost ran this guy into the ground with little maintenence. He hasn't died yet! I should start taking care of him! huh?
    flyswatter888, Beaverton, OR, January 20, 2009 12:25
    My first car. Really inexpensive, love it
    big john, Rescue, VA, January 04, 2009 10:56
    This a little carthat gets you where your going. Not much else.
    mhtkris, Elk Grove Village, IL, October 18, 2008 07:46
    it is a cheap car you get what you pay for.