Kia Optima Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Kia Optima
- car turns over but wont start?
- need toreplace crankshaft sensor need location and general info
- code p0011 engine knocks replaced engine oil,filter,spark plugs flushed old oil
- I changed My kia motor out and aftter I have 12 codes and no spedo
- changed both coil packs and crank sensor and it doesn't seem to get fire
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
Kia Optima Problems
A faulty door latch assembly may cause one or both front doors to be difficult to open. Replacing the worn latch will commonly correct this problem.
Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light illumination. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.
Check Engine Light illumination—combined with a lack of power or a stumble on acceleration—may be caused by the throttle position switch (TPS). Kia released an improved part which should correct this concern.
Kia Optima Questions
didn take timing belt off to change crank sensor also changed both coil packs, no fire
a/c is okay!
Control value okay!
Kia Optima Recalls
The affected Kia models are being recalled because the brake light switch can fail prematurely, resulting in the loss of brake light operation as well as concerns with other electrical systems including: Cruise control, push-button start feature, shifter, and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) system. Dealers will replace the brake light switch to correct this concern.
The clock spring electrical assembly in the steering column may become damaged over time, resulting in high resistance in the driver's airbag electrical circuit. This could cause illumination of the airbag warning light and/or the driver's airbag may not deploy as designed. Failure of the airbag to properly deploy increases the risk of injury to the driver in the event of a crash. Dealers will replace the clock spring contact assembly as necessary to correct this concern. The Kia recall number is SC094.
The shift cable may have been installed incorrectly, causing tension in the cable. The tension could cause the cable to become disconnected from the shifter, disabling proper gear selection. If the vehicle is left unattended with the transmission not in "Park" and the parking brake not engaged, the vehicle could roll, increasing the risk of injury or a crash. Dealers will inspect the shift cable and reinstall it if necessary. This recall is expected to begin during March of 2011. The Kia recall number is SC088.
Kia Optima Reviews
I'm at 57,000 miles and my engine is blown. Because I didn't get my vehicle maintenanced at a KIA dealership and my oil filter is not a KIA part, my warrenty is void. someone help!
My wife and I both have 2009 KIA Optimas, The only issue that we have had we had it with both cars. If you have the headlights on and park and turn off the ignition swith and exit the car 99% of the time all the lights will go off. The other 1% of the time the parking lights will stay on. This is most inconvinent since sometimes you do not notice the parking lights still being on. The deale...
I love my kia but have a problem with the engine shaking right after we had the spark plugs and the 2 belts that are suppose to be replaced at 60k. the mechanic thinks it is a motor mount but it did not shake like that when i drove it into the shop only when i drove it out. what could of possibly happend during that time that a motor mount on the right passenger side would malfunction by just ...