Reviews for Kia Amanti years:

Kia Amanti Reviews and Owner Comments

Kia AmantiOwner Reviews (14 reviews)
  • 2006 Kia Amanti
    Visitor, Sacramento, CA, April 03, 2014 10:38
    When I first bought my Kia I fell in love until it crashed into a Bel Air Market Pillar in front of the store at full speed while trying to park and did $5,230.00 worth of damage because of a faulty sensor that causes the car to accelerate on its own. What if I had been at a stop sign and there had been a child in the cross walk. Do you people at Kia know what kind of danger you are putting people in. I or someone else could have been killed. Now I am scared to drive it once I get it back and so I stuck with a car I am scared to drive. All of this for a buck. You should be ashamed of yourself for not calling a recall before someone gets killed.
  • 2004 Kia Amanti
    Visitor, Toledo, OH, March 09, 2014 11:29
    Talk about sticker shock!!! The Kia Amanti is designed like everyone is a millionaire. I have only owned my Kia since July of 2013. The car is really a beautiful car. Maintaining it is another story. I just took my Amanti in for a tune-up at a local repair shop and was given an estimate of $429.00 for spark plugs and new wires. After my heart started beating again I had no choice but to make an appointment for the tune-up. I used to do all of the repairs on all of my cars, but now I don't even know where to begin.. (But I'll know soon with how expensive repairs are on this car). Back to my tune-up, I took the car in and had a full inspection on the car and with 152,00 miles I expected the car needed work. I found out that the tune-up on the car wasn't the biggest issue. I needed the ignition coil replaced.. Not 1 but 3 coils at $175.00 a piece. $525.00 just for parts... Are you people serious? After the work was completed and $746.00 later, I came home and began looking up parts for the Amanti, coils, spark plugs and new wires. What I found was this engine is so complex in it's design and so expensive to repair, that I am starting Monday to look for a new car. What I found out while looking up replacement parts for my Kia Amanti is that not only does this engine have 3 ignition coils, it also has a coil on the spark plugs at the cost $165.00 and you need 6 of these coils, again, are you people serious? Back to my tune-up. I have completed thousands of tune-ups over the years on my many vehicles without any issues. I have excepted the fact that engines are built so much more efficent today and the on-board-computers makes it difficult to DIY repairs any longer and so it costs more to have the repairs completed, I get that. But who's brilliant idea was it to design and engine that has to be disassembled to change spark plugs???? That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Which is why my tune-up is going to cost $429.00 and take a minimum of 3 hours. I have been fortunate in my life for being very mechanically inclined. I have saved a lot of money by completing repairs of many things around my house and my automobiles. Unfortunately, I became disabled in 2003 and I am on a fixed income. I cannot afford to pay these types of costs for repairs on a vehicle. As a DIY mechanic since I was a teenager (I'm now 62 YO)and it seem as though all designers of automobile engines put "0" (zero) thought into the mechanics in the field.
    Visitor, Maunabo, PR, December 03, 2013 08:54
    I Bought an Amanti here in Brazil. I'm the first buyer. Now after 50.000 km my car is having Engine Noises. And for 3 years I'm trying to solve a problem that we are having with the breaks. Every time we break the car we can feel a click. Do you know does candy cans where you have to press the middle of the lid to open the side? It is just like that click. What I'm really upset is that Kia just told me that is normal after 5 years any car make an engine noise. This for me is really disturbing.
    Visitor, Pittsburgh, PA, July 09, 2013 12:41
    I like everything about this vehicle-EXCEPT----IT HAS FAILED TWICE WHILE ON A LONG TRIP. On a major highway it will just stop accelerating and will drop down to idle/stall speed-quit a surprise on a super highway in the passing lane. KIA Reliability --it is questionable.
    seaworthy, Portland, ME, March 03, 2012 00:31
    Last time ( Nov. 2011 ) I was in to YOU "Bill Dodge Kia , Westbrook , Maine" did real bad work on my car Kia Amanti in the shop ! Put in the wrong oil , put on 4 snow tires that wear on Rims but never check the air in them , 1 was 49 lbs. 1 was 30 lbs. 1 was around 40 , should have all been 35 lbs.,. Not sure if I should go back to do my summer tires , and get oil , and now need Brakes all a round . *Not sure if you up to the JOB! Bill Dill Dodge Kia of westbrook , Maine
    Visitor, Portland, ME, July 13, 2011 02:35
    Just had service at 63,227 miles on my 05 Amanti back in 01 Jan. 05 , Timing Belt , Transmission Flush , Coolant Flsh , + the Safety insp. for other parts Cost me $750.00 with Labor.. Bill Dodge Kia , Westbrook , Maine did the work thay are the best , The Service Manger is the BEST around , he help's with little things like Lights front & Rear for Free . i hope thay keep him ! R. H.
    Visitor, Granite City, IL, June 13, 2011 22:53
    I bought a 2008 Amanti with about 25000 miles on it in March 2010. It was a replacement for a 2001 Chrysler LHS with all the bells and whistles. I have been sadly disappointed with the Amanti. It just doesn't have the quality of the LHS. Right now, it is scheduled to go to the body shop for replacement of a sun visor that has dropped and is currently duct taped to hold in place and a new door for the gas cap. The latch broke. I super glued a magnet to keep it closed and it has to be pried open with a credit card. I think it is very cheaply made. However, I do love the styling, leather interior, sound system and sun roof. If the quality matched the style I would be "tickled pink". I also had to have the computer update done due to the check engine light staying on.
    Visitor, Seattle, WA, May 10, 2011 11:10
    Sooooo Happy with my Amanti. I'm currently driving an 05 Amanti, currently has 58,888 miles on it and I've never had a single problem with the vehicle. I just love it. To keep it running well, I have it serviced regurlarly and use full synthetic 5W30 oil in it. Since it's approaching 60,00 miles, the dealer mentioned to me that I have to replace the timing belt and they wanted $600 to do this. So I contacted Gregs Japanese Auto and they alsoservice Kia's, But with the timing belt change, they also want to change the waterpump and all sorts of other stuff plus do the 60K service to a tune of $1,521.00. There is nothing wrong with my car, can anyone tell me why this service is so expensive?
  • 2004 Kia Amanti
    dmenist, Georgetown, TX, March 14, 2010 14:29
    Very nice looking car, I would recommend an alarm though because it gets a lot of attention. Very good leather, comparable to my fathers sl500. The brakes are big and powerful. The 5 speed auto tranny makes the most of the v6 with smooth shifting. Electrical system is fine, but instrument brightness setting is iffy as it will flicker all ins. lights if not set well. One slight annoyance is that the front reading lights buttons are difficult to latch. Sound system (Infinity 9 speaker surround) is great. Front body is simply stunning. Long blinkers and Benz lights make a lot of road presence. Otherwise all major electronic components work well. The engine is powerful and doesn't require premium gas unlike most luxury cars. Exhaust and engine are all very quiet. Climate control is excellent and also pretty quiet even on full power, duel side too. ALL seats are heated. Suspension feels like driving on a cloud and makes quick work of the worst roads. One thing people might complain about is the steering. They might say it feels disconnected or fake like its not connected to anything. I like it though, after all steering on a cloud should be effortless. Overall you get good road presence, cheap maintenance costs, and a great car for anyone. Just be careful with the long bumper, hard to judge distance sometimes. I got mine yesterday so I'm still getting used to it.
    Jayrome1, O Fallon, IL, December 22, 2009 20:35
    Car is Excellent, Simply Excellent. Jag and Mercedes owners are jealous because they paid SOOoooo much more for SOOoooo much less!
    ogmarcopolo, Richmond, VA, October 03, 2009 14:40
    I love this car. It is expensive on maintence, but its it worthy it. I have got my oil changed every 3,000 - 6,000 miles, then upgrade my oil to high mileage once I hit 100K miles. I have got my tires rotated every 6K - 8K miles. I have had to replace all my fluids twice. I had my timing belt changed at about 75K, and I am now in need of a timing belt again at 138K. I keep up all maintence on my Kia and it is still running at 138K. I am hoping to keep this car on the road for as long as I can. So I will keep you updated.
    shivaji28, Medford, NY, September 04, 2009 14:28
    I bought this Kia Amanti 2005 new. After over four years I have not had -- literally -- a single problem with it. Even the milage I get is over the 17/24 that is advertised: perhaps because I drive the car by manual transmission instead of the automatic. Recently, I installed a Kenwood radio/DVD scxreen and took out the Infinity radio system. It makes the already stately car even more distinguished. I have seen photos of the 2010 Amanti; and the new model is disappointing in appearance at least. What many (American) consumers don't appreciate about the current Amanti is that it stands out in public from other cars: high, aristocratic and commanding in its appearance. The 2010 looks like just any other car. Given the fct that Amantis don't compare with the Lexus ES 450, I'd much rather have an Amanti which looks like an Amanti, and not like a Lexus because it is not as good!
  • 2006 Kia Amanti
    tlm, Cleveland, OH, April 11, 2009 07:05
    very nice
    seaworthy48, Portland, ME, September 08, 2008 16:50
    I owen this car 2005 its the best i have ever own, I like the 2005, but sorry to say I hate the new one's , so now am looking some wear new for my next car. it's just not the same any more on you'r new car's.