Problems for specific Kia Rio years:

Car problem reports

Problem with your car? See what our experts say or submit your own.

Newest reported 2008 Kia Rio problems

Verified for the Kia Rio

A defective AC compressor clutch assembly can cause excessive noise or vibration when the air conditioning is on. Improved parts are available. Replacing the faulty clutch assembly does not necessitate replacement of the complete AC compressor or evacuation and recharging of the air conditioning system.

23 Reports

Verified for the Kia Rio

Reprogramming the transmission control module with the latest Kia transmission software may fix abnormalities in the automatic transmission and erroneous transmission-related Check Engine Light illumination. Software updates are commonly most effective on newer vehicles. Higher mileage vehicles may exhibit a similar symptom caused by a component failure. However, whenever major transmission repairs are performed the transmission software should be checked and updated as necessary.

10 Reports

Reported by nursejacqui for the Kia Rio

I had just merged with the interstate and had been driving about 1 mile at 65mph when my 2008 KIA Rio 5 lost power. I looked down and saw a blinking engine light and possible electric (everything was happening very fast) light. At that moment I heard a very loud metallic "crunch", very hard to describe but one that just tells you something very bad just happened. Thinking that when I glanced at the dash I may have hit something I checked th...

1 Report

Verified for the Kia Rio

Make sure the transmission is filled with Kia-approved transmission fluid and at the correct level. Our technicians tell using incorrect transmission fluid or operating the transmission when it is low on fluid can result in internal transmission damage.

8 Reports