2002 Ford Taurus Q&A

2002 Ford Taurus Question: Keyless Entry Problem

My keyless entry remote will not allow me to disable my car alarm system. I believe it is an after market system, however, it does have the flashing "THEFT" light in the dashboard. I bought it used, so I'm not sure about that. When I go to turn the key to start the car, the alarm sounds and the car will not start. I also have a few electrical problems (speedometer, overhead light, radio, lever to the hood and trunk, tachometer and odometer, won't work). I need help immediately!! PLEASE! -
Go to a Aftermarket Stereo store maybe bestbuy and have them disable that alarm and possibly install a different system -
Hi! I have a 2001 Taurus LX, on which remote keyless entry was not standard equipment. I would like to add it and I have been told that I can swap out the GEM from the same model year that had keyl...
Without using the door switch or keyless entry, the power door locks open and close on their own. Also the dome light goes on/off on its own. On the dash, the door ajar light comes on intirmitent...
when i press the remote to open or lock the car, it makes an attempt to do what it is intended for does not fo;;ow through
The keyless entry, windows, speedometer, a/c and heat not working, what could be the problem
The car key wont allow me to lock/unlock my car from the outside, as well as allowing me to turn the key. The power locks from in the inside work fine. The key is not bent or in any kind of damage.