replaced ignition lock and housing (new tumblers, springs to match to original key. Worked fine at home, put it in the car key was turning, after putting the cover, battery and GEAR SHIFT back to park position the key won't turn anymore. I took the cover off the shift assembly and manually shifter gears back and forth to make sure it's sitting it park position. I am able to put the key in and out, but no turning.
key won't turn in ignition on 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
1 answer 1 comment
Verified for the Chevrolet Malibu170 reports
Verified for the Chevrolet Malibu152 reports
2 answersApril 08, 2015
1 answerSeptember 06, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Malibu Questions
- Code POC32 is it connected with the new Battery Module that was just replaced?
- It started sounding loud around exhaust manifold area and seems to lost compresi
- Car starts. Dies 2 or 3 sec later. No anti theft light. Fuel Pump pressure 60
- My car doesn't blow hot air. Stuck thermostat? Approximately how much to fix it?
- it is a six speed. code reads p2715 p0700p2715p0700p2715p0000 plus service engin