replaced ignition lock and housing (new tumblers, springs to match to original key. Worked fine at home, put it in the car key was turning, after putting the cover, battery and GEAR SHIFT back to park position the key won't turn anymore. I took the cover off the shift assembly and manually shifter gears back and forth to make sure it's sitting it park position. I am able to put the key in and out, but no turning.
key won't turn in ignition on 1999 Chevrolet Malibu
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by your.mechanic ,
December 01, 2012
possible shift interlock issue
Verified for the Chevrolet Malibu192 reports
Verified for the Chevrolet Malibu261 reports
Verified for the Chevrolet Malibu39 reports
2 answersApril 08, 2015
1 answerSeptember 06, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Malibu Questions
- I smell radiator coolent when I'm driving.
- Was changing spark plugs and brittle hose/tube broke.
- How do you replace one of the torsional bars and n the trunk? The front on pop
- My car sounds a lot louder than it should when I first start it? Please help!
- I Change the airflow sensor & The map sensor.On my Chevy Malibu 2006.
1999 Chevrolet Malibu Estimates
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Rear ($518 - 1,124) in Cheltenham, MD
- Oil Pump Replacement ($386 - 512) in Greencreek, ID
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($615 - 819) in Mooers Forks, NY
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($356 - 532) in Van, WV
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($240 - 279) in Olympia Fields, IL
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($165 - 228) in Loughman, FL