I have a 2001 grand am se1. I recently change the shifter since the shifter would not snap properly into reverse. Now I noticed that the key comes out, when the card is parked, in any gear. Please help. I know this will help if I park my car uphill but I want it to be the was it was made stock. Is there a fuse that is blown?? I want the key to be pulled out only in reverse, and not otherwise.. any idea why this is happening??
Key comes out in any gear on 2001 Pontiac Grand Am
1 answerNovember 24, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- Where is the actuator for changing it to the defrost mode located?
- Why does it sound like muffler fell off but under the hood?
- Have a button for overdrive bit when I push it in or let itout doesn'tseemtowork
- Key placed in ignition switch but nothing is turning at all what's going on
- Went to start car and key won't turn inside ignition switch tried everything
2001 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($254 - 356) in Vienna, MO
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($1,016 - 1,258) in Skagway, AK
- Spark Plug Replacement ($177 - 242) in Lakeport, CA
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($216 - 352) in Rensselaer, IN
- Engine Mount Replacement ($126 - 160) in Owensburg, IN
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Emlyn, KY