I have a 2001 grand am se1. I recently change the shifter since the shifter would not snap properly into reverse. Now I noticed that the key comes out, when the card is parked, in any gear. Please help. I know this will help if I park my car uphill but I want it to be the was it was made stock. Is there a fuse that is blown?? I want the key to be pulled out only in reverse, and not otherwise.. any idea why this is happening??
Key comes out in any gear on 2001 Pontiac Grand Am
Asked by for the 2001 Pontiac Grand Am
1 answerNovember 24, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Grand Am Questions
- I bought spark plugs and wires for a 2004 not 2002 can I use them still?
- Making a growling noise gets louder the faster I go only does it moving
- Cruise control won't work
- is there anyway i can tell on my own if i just need brake pads or a rotor too?
- How do I use cruise control on a 96 Pontiac grand am
2001 Pontiac Grand Am Estimates
- Air Filter Replacement ($62 - $80) in Vienna, MO
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($128 - $243) in Skagway, AK
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Lakeport, CA
- Brake Pad Replacement ($224 - $299) in Rensselaer, IN
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($56 - $69) in Owensburg, IN
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($191 - $309) in Emlyn, KY