My 95 Caravan has recently been having problems. Once the van is ran for a while and warmed up, the tranny will jump out of high gear into low gear for some reason. In other words, if driving down the road at 45 mph, the van will jerk into 1st gear and wont shift into any other gear but 1st, rev., neut., etc.. Somebody suggested changing the vacuum hoses and gaskets but I'm scared its the tranny or something more serious. I'm broke and I pray I can afford to fix the van. Please help me!
jumps out of high gear while driving into low gear. on 1995 Dodge Caravan
Asked by for the 1995 Dodge Caravan
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Caravan Questions
- replace lost key
- Can you drive with no power steering fluid if you clamp a broken line?
- Put new fuel pump on and filter but not getting fuel to motor have checked all l
- I have a problem with my alternator belt staying on what can cause this
- I have a small flashing red light on top of the temperature gage,what's that??
1995 Dodge Caravan Estimates
- Steering Rack Replacement ($599 - $858) in Doswell, VA
- Wheel Bearing Service ($66 - $84) in Eureka, UT
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($224 - $306) in Robinson, KS
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($60 - $82) in Hume, CA
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($277 - $348) in Deerfield, WI
- Neutral Safety Switch Replacement ($90 - $103) in Minneapolis, KS