Jerking when driving at a constant speed. on 1998 Chevrolet Cavalier

My car jerks when I'm driving at a constant speed at 40 mph or higher. The engine codes says I have a Transmission Component Slipping, but I wanna know how much that will be to fix and what it may or may not be, I'm very limited on money and no mechanic can help me until I pay for a 50 dollar diagnostic scan. Thank you for those of you who may answer this question.

by in Birmingham, AL on March 27, 2011
2 answers
ANSWER by on March 27, 2011
To do any estimate you will need a proper diagnostic at a qualified trans shop including a scan. Sorry but to answer the question of cost you have to bite the bullet and pay.
ANSWER by on November 24, 2012
replace the crank sensor
Related Items:
My car just recently started having strange symptoms. At first, the speedometer went completely haywire and the temperature gauge started acting up. Before long, the "Trac Off" light constantly s...