My car keeps jerking whenever I shift gears. Sometimes after I've been driving for a while it stops but if not whenever we come to a stop sign or have to park somewhere then start the car again it jerks and stops for a bit (at traffic lights too) and then goes. If we're on a highway though and just driving there's no jerking or lurching. What could be causing this?
Jerking on 2002 Ford Taurus
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Protech2989 ,
March 03, 2009
There may be a problem with the Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid System. The use of an Automotive Scan tool is required to perform an inspection and diagnose if indeed there is a problem in that particular system. It would be best to have your local repair shop inspect for diagnostic trouble codes and perform a complete diagnostic of Transmission components.
Verified for the Ford Taurus137 reports
1 answerAugust 18, 2009
1 answerFebruary 14, 2009
2 answersJune 21, 2011
1 answerAugust 19, 2009
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- while driving rpm drops down motor cuts off
- I've changed the 02 sensor and the check engine lights is still on.... Now what?
- Why does my fuse number 28 keep blowing in my 2000 Ford Taurus
- Hit a deer with car and now will not turn over. If we use a bypass it will turn
- I don't know why my brake light only works when I press completely down.
2002 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Coupon, PA
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 125) in Reliance, SD
- Diesel Supply Pump Replacement ($535 - 733) in Witts Springs, AR
- AC Evaporator Replacement ($657 - 964) in Pellville, KY
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($242 - 545) in Sultana, CA
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($48 - 114) in Herndon, VA