Jeep Comanche Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Jeep Comanche
- backfired black smoke died will not start but will turn over
- Is dealer obligated to fix problem on 1988 model if recall is for 1990 model?
- I have a 1986 Comanche,the signal ass. inside steering column is broken.
- Should I remove the tank from the car to replace the fuel pump assembly?
- Knocking noises in front end
Jeep Comanche Problems
The head gasket may seep oil externally. An updated head gasket is available that should correct this concern.
The outer exhaust manifold studs can break and cause exhaust leaks, commonly noted as a ticking type noise. The outer studs, clamps, and nuts will need to be replaced and are now being tightened to a reduced torque value (20 Nm/180 in lbs).
Jeep Comanche Questions
I would like a fair price to repair or repace this part.
Can the fuel pump assembly be removed from the tank without removing the tank?
Seems to happen most at slow speeds under 30 going straight