4.0L straight 6... after sitting for twenty minutes or more, the jeep won't start unless you give it a little gas. Once running, I have to hold gas at appropriate idle or it dies. After a few minutes of this, it stays running, and works absolutely fine until it sits again. If I shut it off, then start back up life's than 10 mins, it'll run and idle, although it seems to crank like a weak battery, although it is new, and alternator is charging properly... any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jeep not starting properly on 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Verified for the Jeep Grand Cherokee80 reports
Verified for the Jeep Grand Cherokee6 reports
3 answersAugust 24, 2016
2 answersAugust 15, 2010
1 answerApril 19, 2014
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Maintenance Schedule
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems(23)
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair Estimates
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Q&A(175)
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls(6)
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Shops
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews(7)
This week's top 10
Recent Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
- Lost the smart key on girlfriends car and wondered how to get around without using it temporarily
- My Jeep makes a "WHISTLING" sound, it starts at around, 40mph.
- battery went dead over night.car starts if you press on th gas peddel
- all of a suden im hearing dripping noises ontothe shield by the radiator
- Not sure.