4.0L straight 6... after sitting for twenty minutes or more, the jeep won't start unless you give it a little gas. Once running, I have to hold gas at appropriate idle or it dies. After a few minutes of this, it stays running, and works absolutely fine until it sits again. If I shut it off, then start back up life's than 10 mins, it'll run and idle, although it seems to crank like a weak battery, although it is new, and alternator is charging properly... any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jeep not starting properly on 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2 answersAugust 15, 2010
3 answersAugust 24, 2016
1 answerApril 19, 2014
1 answerMarch 18, 2011
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Maintenance Schedule
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems(20)
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair Estimates
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Q&A(174)
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls(6)
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Shops
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews(7)
This week's top 10
Recent Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
- Check Engine light on/car won't start
- wont start ,no codes new battery ,all electrial works,turn key nothing,
- will not shift out of park. have repeatedly kill and restart engine.
- when I start the engine, one of the overhead map lights turns on
- Good day to you first off...My left rear turn signal is not working. Help!!