4.0L straight 6... after sitting for twenty minutes or more, the jeep won't start unless you give it a little gas. Once running, I have to hold gas at appropriate idle or it dies. After a few minutes of this, it stays running, and works absolutely fine until it sits again. If I shut it off, then start back up life's than 10 mins, it'll run and idle, although it seems to crank like a weak battery, although it is new, and alternator is charging properly... any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jeep not starting properly on 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Asked by for the 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Verified for the Jeep Grand Cherokee137 reports
Verified for the Jeep Grand Cherokee7 reports
3 answersAugust 24, 2016
2 answersAugust 15, 2010
1 answerApril 19, 2014
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair and Maintenance
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Maintenance Schedule
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Problems(24)
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Repair Estimates
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Q&A(181)
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Recalls(6)
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Shops
- 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Reviews(7)
This week's top 10
Recent Jeep Grand Cherokee Questions
- Is inconsistent on temperature, & doesn't work when set on defrost.
- I have a 171 and 174 code and when I step on gas it just bogs and has no get up.
- My cruise control is not working. Was working , but just recently stopped.
- Why does my vehicle hesitate when I hit a bump at 55+ mph and its warm outside?
- does a bad radio cause ac blows hot air on driver side ,and blows cold on heater
2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Estimates
- AC Compressor Replacement ($651 - $916) in Gaylord, MN
- PCV Valve Replacement ($32 - $44) in Dyer, NV
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($206 - $268) in Blandinsville, IL
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($193 - $274) in Westbrook, CT
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($95 - $113) in Woodbury, NY
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - $78) in Franklin, IN