Jeep Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Jeep
- Factory alarm system. Remotes are destroyed.replace jeep battery. Computer can't
- what is the easiest way to fix the driver window when it is offits track?
- At random times the check engine light flashes, car runs rough,won't accelerate
- can alarm be disarmed? alarm stopping engine from starting?
- When i drive on the highway my commander shakes why and what sgould i do?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
Water can leak near the A-pillar, at the front edge of the driver and passenger side doors. An improved seal is available.
Temperature blend and recirculation doors commonly fail, which can cause the AC modes not to change or the temperature to be different on the left and right sides. If replacing blend air doors, a recirculation door, a door link, or a sub-assembly housing, new heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) sub-assemblies are available that improve reliability.
Where i live we recently have gotten hit with alot of snow, and i have noticed that in the last few days when i get on the highway and start to get to 55 mph my jeep shakes. I am unsure as to why it is doing this? I have had the jeep just about one year now and i have had problems since i've ...
While operating the vehicle the driver may hit the ignition key with their knee, accidentally moving the key out of the run position. If this were to occur the engine would turn off, affecting various safety systems and increasing the risk of a crash and/or personal injury. As of this writing, the remedy for this recall is still under development.
The power brake booster in these vehicles uses vacuum developed by the engine to provide power assistance to the braking system. Certain vehicles are being recalled because the shell of the vacuum brake booster can corrode and allow water to get inside. The water inside could freeze and limit ability of the brake booster to provide brake assistance. This reduced braking ability can increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will test the brake booster and replace those that fail, and all vehicles will have a diverter shield installed on the brake booster to prevent this from occurring in the future.
Certain vehicles equipped with the Ready Alert Braking (RAB) System are being recalled because the brake pedal may feel harder that normal when the driver applies the brakes. As a result, the driver may not press the brake pedal as hard as necessary to achieve a normal distance. An increased stopping distance increases the risk of a crash. Dealers will update the ABS control module software to correct this concern.
I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee I love my Jeep but after chanageing the Ingiation coil it was running just fine now it is stalling out when you come to a slow stop the RPM's go down to nothing and it dies out. When you let it Idel it will cut out. I was driving down the road the other night and had to slow down for someone turning and it cut out one me if you let it sit for a few minutes it w...
I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X 4DR 4X4. I used to love it until "DEATH WOBBLE" started. OMFG!!! 70 MPH on I95 in Philly traffic I almost cr*%@pped my pants. Now if I go 40 MPH and hit a small bump there it goes again. Now I have another problem- engine ticking! Found out Spun bearing and it seems to be a common problem in 2007 models as I am finding on various blogs and websites. I have called J...
We have a 2012 Jeep Liberty with just over 12k miles. We just started noticing a big leak of green fluid. It was parked over night and the puddle was about 2 feet in diameter. Our mechanic looked at it and said that the oil filter was barely on. We have only had our Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler dealer do the oil changes/anything else on it. We took it to our dealer and they said it is normal for the L...