Jeep Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Jeep
- CAR SHAKES VIGOROUSLY AFTER START.UPON ACCELERATION,SEEMS TO TAPER OFF A LITTLE.
- Why does my 07 Compass feel like it wants to stall when starting from stop?
- Is my 2002 jeep liberty covered under recall for lower ball joint repair?
- engine won't idle, stalls when gas pedal is released
- my bass speaker keeps cutting out and does not work for long periods of time
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Water can leak near the A-pillar, at the front edge of the driver and passenger side doors. An improved seal is available.
It doesn't do it all the time. I notice it does it mostly when I'm almost at work (warmed up engine) There are no codes, no check engine light.
The rpms go down and it feels like it wants to stall. One time it did stall. I took it to the shop, they drove it for 10 miles and said it didn&...
to start the engine need to depress gas peddle slightly, when pedal is released engine stalls
The power brake booster in these vehicles uses vacuum developed by the engine to provide power assistance to the braking system. Certain vehicles are being recalled because the shell of the vacuum brake booster can corrode and allow water to get inside. The water inside could freeze and limit ability of the brake booster to provide brake assistance. This reduced braking ability can increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will test the brake booster and replace those that fail, and all vehicles will have a diverter shield installed on the brake booster to prevent this from occurring in the future.
Certain vehicles equipped with the Ready Alert Braking (RAB) System are being recalled because the brake pedal may feel harder that normal when the driver applies the brakes. As a result, the driver may not press the brake pedal as hard as necessary to achieve a normal distance. An increased stopping distance increases the risk of a crash. Dealers will update the ABS control module software to correct this concern.
Active head restraints are designed to move forward and upward as necessary in the event of a rear end collision. These vehicles are being recalled because an internal fault in the occupant restraint control module could cause the active head restraints not to function as expected, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will reprogram the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM) or replace the occupant restraint control module as necessary to correct this concern.
I have a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee I love my Jeep but after chanageing the Ingiation coil it was running just fine now it is stalling out when you come to a slow stop the RPM's go down to nothing and it dies out. When you let it Idel it will cut out. I was driving down the road the other night and had to slow down for someone turning and it cut out one me if you let it sit for a few minutes it w...
I have a 2007 Jeep Wrangler X 4DR 4X4. I used to love it until "DEATH WOBBLE" started. OMFG!!! 70 MPH on I95 in Philly traffic I almost cr*%@pped my pants. Now if I go 40 MPH and hit a small bump there it goes again. Now I have another problem- engine ticking! Found out Spun bearing and it seems to be a common problem in 2007 models as I am finding on various blogs and websites. I have called J...
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I have a couple of issues with mine and can't seem to find anyone that knows what the problem is. First, when you hit any sort of bump at all the whole front end rattles like I'm fixing to lose about half of whats under there. Had the motor mounts replaced, didn't help. Second, when turning the wheel, something is grabbing and making an awful noise like the tra...