Jaguar XJ8 Reviews

Jaguar XJ8 Reviews and Owner Comments

OWNED THE CAR THREE YEARS AND TO HAS TAKE MY RETIREMENT FOR REPAIRS. REPLACE FRONT SHOCKS 700.00 REPLACE REAR SHOCKS 982.00 REPLACE 8 OIL SEAL AROUND SPARK PLUGS.880.00 REPLACE FRONT BRAKES AND DISK. 685.00 REPLACE ONE OF TWO WATER PUMPS 780.00. REPLACE TRANSMISSION 6,500.00. SAVE TO BEST FOR LAST. REPLACE ENGINE BECAUSE OF PLASTIC TIME CHAIN TENSIONER, UNBELIEVABLE. COST 10,000.00 MORE THAN THE CARS WORTH. JAQUAR IS ONE OF FORDS RED HEADED STEP CHILD ALONG WITH VOLVO AND LAND ROVER
Just purchased a pre-owned 2007 XJ8L about 2 weeks ago, 73,500 miles. She's a beauty however, yesterday while driving about 40 mph the car started losing power. The engine shut down and I noticed a large white patch of smoke coming out of the tail pipe. What gives????? Additionally, when the car is waiting at a light with the heat on the air begins to blow cool. I'm more than a little nervous that purchased a lemon.
I have a 2000 Jaguar xj8l great car if I can keep an engine in it. My first motor only had 46,000 miles needed engine chain broken, 55,000 miles chain broken. I didn't hear any noise, but starter turn but not engine. This should be a recall, I've had the car for almost 3 years and haven't had a 6 month drive out of it. I am really pissed, but I want to keep my Jaguar, I am 65 and have wanted one when I was about 7years old and now Jaguar Corp has really let me down, everyone doesn't have it, the way, CEO, COO Exec. VP, does. Recall, show some love, Jaguar Corp.
The timing belt had to be replaced at 100,000 miles. Otherwise, this XJR was super.
I've had my '04 XJ8 for 8 months, 53,000, replaced Air Ride Compressor and 2 front shocks and the relay....very expensive and still receiving error 95% of the time. Window washer not working, parking sensor is now silent. Received the "parking brake error- DSC not available and the car shut off.... Restarted 2x's and error went away. Googled it and stated throttle body needs to be cleaned and or replaced. That could be dangerous especially if comming down a mountain in snow or ice or any inclemment conditions. Love the car but if there are more repairs in the future might trade it in. Cannot believe the transmission pan is plastic...go figure. The front windshield has swirls in it from the factory. How can this be with a $ 69,000 vehicle with only 53,373 miles on it.
Bought used 2004 Model and have driven for 10,000 miles with no problems except for a loose wiper arm that I repaired myself. The fancy lug nuts tend to break so get a spare. Also replaced front brake pads. Seems much more reliable and probably cheaper to repair than my previous Mercedes E320. Drives beautifully and very comfortable. My magic carpet ride.
my fuel pump no electri feed is comeing to the pump what must do
Bought mine in 2000 and have loved it ever since. Drove it for 10 years with hardly any problems. This year had to have the timing chain replaced and thermastat earlier this year, which was NOT cheap. It needed towed today, and we think it might be the fuel pump.... Even with that said.... LOVE LOVE LOVE my car!
I would encourage any XJ-8 (1998-2003) owner to replace the plastic timing belt tensioners with the much more reliable metal tensioners that became standard in 2004 and newer models. I broke a tensioner (plastic) three weeks ago and the total repair bill was in excess of $3,000.00. If you like the car (and I really do) PLEASE HAVE THIS PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE DONE BEFORE THE CAR BREAKS YOUR HEART!
had to change engine, waterpump, air suspenssion strut, water resovoir, brakes, lug nut studs, headlights, side marker, undertray, trunk air supporters, transmission garket, extremely toooooo many repairs, extremelly toooooooooooo expensive
Love this car
i have 1999 jaguar xj8,had lot of work done but run very well now
The suspension is not good. Wheel bearings and brakes are a problem also.
d someone to fix my 1998 jaguar it started missing everytime I stopped at the light or stopped sign. I replace the spark plugs and the valve cover gakets on both side after completion it was missing more and while driving it around cornor it back fire it been sitting every since
I have really enjoyed my 2000 XJ8 and have had only minor things done, like spark plugs once. Now that it has 130000 miles, the A/C cooling fans are being replaced. Cost about $800 including labor and new tubing and antifreeze. I just love the car. I will never go to Hennessey to have it repaired again...they are outrageous in price and did not do a good job. Found a great repair shop.
Brakes went out at 10,000 miles, Sterring rack went out at 15,000 miles, Water pump went out at 25,000 miles, What is left?
I like the car alot, I have only one real problem with this vehicle and that is documentation or written vehicle support. Getting information about repair is harder than finding out military secrets. On the other side if you own a OBD2 checker and mantain your vehicle this vehicle will last you forever.