Jaguar XJ8 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Jaguar XJ8
- KEY STUCK IN IGNITION SWITCH. WILL NOT START
- my hood will not open when i pull the latch cable how can i open it?
- what should it cost to flush out and replace fluid for automatic roof mechanism
- A/c will cool good then warm humid air. New compressor and still same problem
- 2000 jaguar xj8l/asc/trac read not available, what does it mean and how can
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Chantilly Auto Group (703) 991-4225 | 11.13mi
- Fairfax Auto Repair (703) 596-4643 | 18.09mi
Jaguar XJ8 Problems
The cup holder in the front center arm rest is flimsy and may break, making it impossible to close the cup holder assembly.
On this V8 engine, timing chain problems are very common. Because the timing chain tensioners were made from plastic, they can fail prematurely and cause serious engine damage. A noticeable engine noise while idling or during a cold start can indicate a timing chain tensioner problem. The engine noise may also be accompanied by a rough or uneven engine idle. Improved components are available to remedy this problem.engine oil consumption.
Jaguar XJ8 Questions
Happens every time is used, do not know if it will cool or sweat it
1)This morning when turning the ignition switch all the dashboard lights flash and the headlights flash along with a clicking noise but the engine won't turn over.
2) Yesterday the warning message panel went through an entire series of random warnings of numerous falts wh...
Jaguar XJ8 Recalls
Jaguar is recalling 2004 model year XJ vehicles to prevent and correct possible accelerated corrosion of the rear steel brake lines. The existence of a special pad installed to reduce noise, vibration, and harshness under the vehicle in a location where it contacts with the steel brake lines creates an environment where moisture and dirt can collect and promote accelerated corrosion. Corroded brake lines can develop leaks, causing brake system pressure failure and poor braking function. Dealers will remove the special pad and inspect the brake lines for the existence of corrosion. Affected lines will be replaced.
Some passenger vehicles may contain fuel tank components which have not been properly secured. This may result in the MIL malfunction indicator lamp coming on. It could also possibly leak out vapors. If the Fuel Level is above the components it may leak out and cause a fire hazard. The dealer will replace the fuel tank. The Jaguar recall # is R726
In certain sedans equipped with a moon roof, the incorrect assembly of a reinforcement bar may cause it to contact the glass and cause it to shatter upon closing the door or severe road impact. This may injure occupants inside of the vehicle. The dealers will install a new replacement moon roof.The Jaguar recall # is R722
Jaguar XJ8 Reviews
I would encourage any XJ-8 (1998-2003) owner to replace the plastic timing belt tensioners with the much more reliable metal tensioners that became standard in 2004 and newer models. I broke a tensioner (plastic) three weeks ago and the total repair bill was in excess of $3,000.00. If you like the car (and I really do) PLEASE HAVE THIS PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE DONE BEFORE THE CAR BREAKS YOUR HE...
I like the car alot, I have only one real problem with this vehicle and that is documentation or written vehicle support. Getting information about repair is harder than finding out military secrets. On the other side if you own a OBD2 checker and mantain your vehicle this vehicle will last you forever.
my fuel pump no electri feed is comeing to the pump what must do