Jaguar XJ6 Reviews

Jaguar XJ6 Reviews and Owner Comments

I was the second owner and I purchased the car when it had 71K miles on it. It was beautiful, felt tight and handled like a dream when I first bought it in 2000. I drove the care to well over 270K and it lasted me until 2014. Great car. I did quite a bit of maintenance on it and it wasn't cheap, nor was it unreasonable considering the number of miles I put on it. The compliments I got on it were endless and the paint job always looked new. Some electrical issues that could never be found by multiple repair shops - that was a bit frustrating. I replaced nearly everything on her. The engine was always solid and gave me little trouble, other than an oil leak. The transmission and drive train never gave me any problems. Overall good car. If you can find one with low miles, little old lady drives it on Sundays kind of thing, buy it. My recommendation is buy a model year AFTER FORD took over Jaguar (1990) - way less problems.
Have a problem with the front drivers left door . replaced the door handle the window motor and Actuator. New switch and the window and the mirrors will not work. Please Help !!!
I bought a 96 xj6 that was a hurricane Katrina victim. Apparently insurance companies totaled most of these cars out due to the cost of new manufactue replacement parts. Well I recently purchased my 96 xj6 @ a rock-bottom price of 1800.00 after it had been kicked around a few auctions since 05. I was very skeptical at the time,so I had to learn the hard way.The body was completely rust-free and the interior was immaculate,so I figured it was worth putting some money into the car, and officially welcome myself to the "Jaguar owners club"by sneaking in through the back door financially! Thanks to the help of e-bay for used parts and a finding a good mechanic that knows these cars(Import Auto Group, So.Holland Il)I had them do the basics and got a full diagnostic report to get my Jag back to life, then I took it from there.(About 900.00 worth of work) I just recently replaced the rear diff as well. My cost w/part & labor was 800.00...Now I finally got this cat purring like it was a kitten again. It still needs a few small odds and ends to be perfect,but I now own a beautiful all original 96 Jag w/ 86K on it.Expect to put some $$$ into one of these cars,but if your smart about it,your not going to end up spending a small fortune. Please note,that if I had to do bodywork on this car,it would not have been worth it. I was fortunate to start out w/ a rust free car w/an immaculate interior.
I have 1993 xj6 i replace the ac trinary switch and the coolant switch but the blower motor will not work , can someone tell me where is the relay for this THANKS
PURCHASED A NICE XJ6 SOVERIGN JAGUAR AND ITS A GREAT VEHICLE. TRUE ROAD HOG. WHEN I PURCHASED IT THE DASH ELECTRICAL PANEL WOULD NOT WORK. (TEMP,SPEED,OIL)I REPLACED ALL THE FUSES AND NOTHING WORKS. MY WIFE HAS GIVEN OUT OF GAS SEVERAL TIMES SO NOW WE HAVE TO CARRY A 3 GAL. RESERVE CAN IN THE TRUNK JUST IN CASE. I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM. I WILL KEEP THE CAR FOREVER BUT I MUST INSURE MY WIFE DRIVE SAFE. HELP. MIKEL G.
The engine will not accelerate . It smothers on acceleration. The Dealer in Atlanta could not repair it. They worked on it for 3days and gave up. Many parts were replaced. Diagnostic equipment could not detect the problem.
i bought 94 xj6 first the body look good inside even beter has problem mecanic wish has mercedes driven train and power train
I bought a XJ6.Love the power & handling.Very easy for anyone to work on.
bought used still ironing out kinks