Isuzu Axiom Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Isuzu Axiom
- Limited slip differential fluid break down may cause chattering when cornering
- Check Engine Light due to leaking fuel pump o-ring
- Vibration at Highway Speed Due to Various Issues
- Failed O-rings Can Cause Accumulator Cover to Leak on Automatic Transmissions
- Rear axle leak due to plugged rear differential vent
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Isuzu Axiom Problems
Chattering when cornering can occur when the limited slip differential fluid breaks down. Replacing the fluid will repair this issue.
Certain models may have a vibration issue at highway speeds that could be due to uneven tire pressures, tire rim out of specs, wheels out of balance, AC compressor bracket bolts not torqued correctly, misalignment of the steering shaft coupler, improper ride height, or wheel alignment out of adjustment. A qualified technician is needed to sort out these problems and correct them.
Isuzu Axiom Questions
I use 5w-30 oil, 1000km it is normal to consume 1L oil.
After being away for the weekend, the battery was dead (no interior lights.........nothing) and the car would not start on Monday morning. It ran good on the previous Friday before we left. There was just a loud clicking noise when turning the key while trying to jump the battery.
since i am in Cameroon and bought this Used Axiom, the mechanics could not solve the problem. so i have pack the car. I love it and want it repaired and restored to its real strength. thanks
Isuzu Axiom Recalls
Road salt can cause excessive corrosion near the forward mounting bracket for the left or right rear suspension lower link. As a result the bracket can come loose from the frame, impacting vehicle handling and increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect the affected vehicles. If little or no corrosion is found, the area will be treated with an anti-corrosive compound. If the corrosion has affected the connection between the bracket and the frame a reinforcement bracket will be installed. In very severe cases were a repair is not feasible, Isuzu has a vehicle buy back program in place. All inspections and remedies will be provided free of charge for vehicles that are 10 years old or less. For vehicles older than 10 years, Isuzu will offer a free remedy, but only if the vehicle is presented to an Isuzu service facility dealer within 12 months of when owner notifications were issued, after that time owners will be charged for the repairs.
On certain vehicles, the brake warning light would not illuminate if the brake fluid level became low. The diodes have been replaced; all vehicles have been repaired.
Isuzu Axiom Reviews
BOUGHT IT NEW IN 2004, ONE OWNER, 94k MILES ONLY, ALL SERVICE AND MAINTANENCE PERFORMED ON TIME, WHAT'S HAPPEND - POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE PROGRAMMING ERROR. CODE P0602. IZUSU SERVICE HAS REPROGRAMMED IT AND DID EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO MAKE THIS JUNK ALIVE FOR A LITTLE BIT, VEHICLE HAS DIED IN SECONDS COUPLE TIMES ALREADY ON HIGHWAY, STREET, PAID MY $$$$ TO TOW TRUCK DRIVER, THIS VEHICLE JUST P...
fantastic car, no issues with maintenance, wish thay still made them, extremely nimmble and responsive