When the engine is cold, The car turns over and starts right away-you turn the key and it right away starts up. When the engine is warm, I turn the key and it will make that RRRR sound from 4-8 times before starting. It had never done that before August. Suddenly that month it started doing it. My mechanic says they don't notice anything. My husband says that is normal, though his car always starts right as you turn the key. My car always started right up too, until recently. I am worried that at some point, it will make the RRRR sound and never start and I will be stranded someplace. Could it be the starter? The fuel pump, etc?
Issue with starting my car when the engine is warm on 2000 Volvo S40
Verified for the Volvo S4043 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Volvo S40 Questions
- Check engine light coming up is p0107l
- My car won't start I can here bubbling in the back of the engine I can smell gas
- runs awesome went to smog n codes 420,misfire cyl 1,cam timing sensor?
- My turn signals only work if I push the hazard switch in I have no hazards at al
- Abs antiskid light is on, car runs fine