When the engine is cold, The car turns over and starts right away-you turn the key and it right away starts up. When the engine is warm, I turn the key and it will make that RRRR sound from 4-8 times before starting. It had never done that before August. Suddenly that month it started doing it. My mechanic says they don't notice anything. My husband says that is normal, though his car always starts right as you turn the key. My car always started right up too, until recently. I am worried that at some point, it will make the RRRR sound and never start and I will be stranded someplace. Could it be the starter? The fuel pump, etc?
Issue with starting my car when the engine is warm on 2000 Volvo S40
Verified for the Volvo S4041 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Volvo S40 Questions
- Will getting my spark plugs change turn the check engine light off
- What is causing a whirring sound while driving?
- What could be making my car run rough and not get up to speed very well
- There is this knocking noise coming from under the hood. why?
- took car to Volvo shop to have them diagnose a a/c problem and the car flashers