Is this an engine problem? on 2000 Cadillac Catera

While driving, I felt something pop and the gas peddle lost pressure. The belt was broken and has been replaced but the engine won't turn over.

by in Plano, IL on August 30, 2012
4 answers
ANSWER by on August 30, 2012
this car is a total prob its a joint venture that failed for cad
ANSWER by on August 30, 2012
Have you checked the battery and it could have jumped time
ANSWER by on November 18, 2012
If the engine won't turn over , Then it sounds like the problem is engine related. What belt was replaced? Is the battery dead?
ANSWER by on November 18, 2012
interference motor
I have had my coolant system tested at two different shops and both said I have a small external coolant leak on the back of the engine, either the intake or the head gasket. Today a cadillac mecha...
I too have the same problem with an engine knock, louder when cold. 97 catera has engine knock,will knock when started up and quiets down once it warms up ,but does not go away entirely. I purch...
I also have a slight transmission leak. Could this just be a lose transmission pan?
i just buy 1998 cadillac catera i have problem when i driver it's dosen't get pick it's skip other then that it's driver good what you do think what can be the problem
The crankshaft position sensor may fail causing the engine to stall while driving and/or ...