Is this a water pump problem? on 2000 Chevrolet Venture

My minivan started a rattling noise under the hood on Feb. 13.I haven't driven it but twice since and it is still making the noise. I also smelled something like rubber burning at first, but not the second two times that I drove it. I don't see any leaks under my van.

by in Upper Marlboro, MD on February 22, 2011
3 answers
ANSWER by on February 22, 2011
sounds like your belt is out of alignment due to a pulley failing , look under the hood with the engine running the belt should be straight .
ANSWER by on February 22, 2011
also, the belt tensioner is a common failure with these engines. have it checked out soon before it lets you down. Roy
ANSWER by on February 22, 2011
Check with belt(s) off for any pulley alignment problems and seizing. Tensioner sounds like culprit.
My van has been over heating now for like a week still after I changed thermostat I can't even drive 5 mins without it in the red I've noticed when I shut the van off it guggles the coolant/water b...
I have replaced all the hoses and thermostat and the van still over heat
Van was squealing while driving and when I stopped at the light the temperature started to rise. Once I got home and shut my vehicle off all the coolant poured out of the bottom. Any help would b...
my van overheated tonite with a hot coolant temp msg. i added more coolant and it still does it. the are no signs of puddle leaks in front of my house or work. i noticed some orange coolant by the ...
I have 226,000 miles on it. It is still running good but it cant last. I have just replaced the transmission.