Symptoms: I have a 5speed manual transmission 4-cyl wagon. I think the clutch is slipping. (Isn't that when the engine revs, but the speed of the vehicle does not increase, after shifting gears)? The vehicle still runs, but acceleration is a problem. IS THERE A component, or anything that can be done other than forking out anywhere from $900 - $1,500 to replace the entire flippin' unit--ASIDE FROM BUYING ANOTHER VEHICLE??? Please, no self-proclaimed "clever" remarks. I'm serious! I'm underemployed, and no one I know is in a position to shell out a small fortune either. I'm willing to try just about ANYTHING!
Is there ANYTHING I can do to avoid having to replace my entire clutch assembly? on 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback
1 answerSeptember 17, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Subaru Legacy Outback Questions
- What can i use to seal a crack in gas tank of my subaru legacy wagon 1997 2.2 motor
- My Subaru is leaking water, it only does it when the heater is turned on. It doesn't over heat and it loses about a half cup of water at a time. My dad thinks it is the water pump, I need to know for sure beforeI try to fix it
- How do you replace the sun roof drain hose/drivers side?
- power steering has small leak on front passenger side......what would cause this?
- leaking power steering has a small leak.....what would cause this?