is there an access panel to change the fuel pump on 1998 Chevrolet Suburban 1500

is there an access panel to change the fuel pump or do i drop the tank

by in Cocoa, FL on September 19, 2010
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
1 answer
ANSWER by , September 21, 2010
you have to drop the tank.. its nice to have help....but put the rear end on jack stands slowly remove the tank straps, before they are off all the way place a large enough floor jack under the tank and lower it will not come down all the way the old pump is still hooked up as is the spout to fill the will need special keys that will release the fuel lines from the old pump. disconnect everything and lower the tank the rest of the way. there might be diffrent wireing codes for power to the fuel pump but most will come with a new harness if you need it. TRY EBAY I GOT A NEW ONE FOR $78 DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE!!!!! everywhere else was like $300