Intermittant problem. Car will crank and start but will not idle and will stall. It has happened in my garage and in the shopping mall parking lot. The motor has not stalled while I have been driving. I took the valve off and sprayed it with carb cleaner but it didn't look terribly dirty. I can move the little valve with my finger and it seems to work fine. Maybe it is the valve motor itself.
Is there a way to test the idle air control valve or the idle air control motor? on 2002 Toyota Avalon
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Avalon Questions
- Why does my car fishtail in rear when I hit a bump or pothole?
- my entire dash quit working no gauges no radio no heater control and it wouldn't
- multifunction displ failed after being parked outside 8 days. Next day ok why?
- fan belt sounds like it's slipping and high pitched squeal when wheel is turned-
- I have a 2002 Toyota Avalon. I recently had a tune up spark plugs because the
2002 Toyota Avalon Estimates
- 82,500 Mile Service ($115 - 173) in Cotopaxi, CO
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($276 - 473) in Piscataway, NJ
- Heater Hose Replacement ($123 - 173) in Brighton, MA
- Air Filter Replacement ($53 - 76) in Burlingham, NY
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($362 - 1,189) in Atlanta, KS
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($472 - 2,350) in Paragon, IN