the brass threaded seat has been stripped out of the plastic valve cover. the seat takes a stud that holds down the engine access cover. nut size is 8mm and 10mm at the base. I imagine it is a 4 mm stud?
Is there a way to repair the brass seat in the plastic valve cover on a ford v6? on 2002 Ford Escape
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escape Questions
- While driving a blinking blue light flashes the whole distance onto the shifter
- Where is the fan/temp control switch on a 2.3 2005 Escape
- ABS light came on. Touched brakes and light and radio went off. Repeated. turned
- How do you replace the rear seatbelts?
- Why am I hearing a knocking when turning the steering wheel either way?
2002 Ford Escape Estimates
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($546 - 1,357) in Essex, VT
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Lafayette Hill, PA
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($407 - 515) in Beaver Falls, NY
- 95,000 Mile Service ($53 - 94) in New Waterford, OH
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($153 - 188) in Rocky Point, NY
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($247 - 294) in Sandyville, WV