Is there a recall for this problem? on 2004 Chevrolet Avalanche 1500

Instrument pannel not functioning correctly.

by in Fort Morgan, CO on April 13, 2013
1 answer
ANSWER by on March 26, 2014
I was informed by a dealer that the recall for this problem has expired. I was quoted $300 to $1500 for repair. I went online and discovered that this was a common problem on a number of vehicles due to faulty stepper motors in the gauges. I found a site "autoxpresstech@comcast.net" that will rebuild your entire gauge panel for $89.00. They give you instructions for removal on the site. I sent mine to them and got it back in 7 days looking like new. All my gauges work perfectly after 6 months. Your vehicle will run fine without the gauge panel.
Is there a recall on this problem? And if not how to fix it and a shop near area code 77070 Houston tx. And what is the cost?
The steering may develop a clunk type noise from the upper intermediate steering shaft.  Our technicians tell us that you should check with you local GM dealer to find out what the latest repa...
The speedometer or other instrument panel gauge may begin to work erratically at times. Our technicians tell us that the instrument cluster must be sent to a repair facility to correct this fault. ...