the theft light flashes and the motor acts like it wants to stall.i take the O.D. off and the rpms go up and it runs better. i have been told that a loose battery cable will do this, but i have checked the cables and even put a new battery in. the only thing is, the engine light has never come on during this weird event
is there a problem with my electrical system on 2005 Ford Escape
Asked by for the 2005 Ford Escape
2 answersAugust 03, 2011
1 answerJuly 21, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escape Questions
- Throwing a Rich code p2196 p 2198
- Why would i have no stopping power with the brake pedal all the way depressed?
- I can't get the rear wiper motor to work.
- A/C compressor replaced twice in 6months 2nd time it worked for only 3 days.
- ABS and Road Traction lights go on at same time on and off. ,Brakes okay
2005 Ford Escape Estimates
- Radiator Replacement ($505 - $639) in Middletown, CA
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Hazelhurst, WI
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Stockton, CA
- Oil Pan Reseal - Engine ($212 - $319) in Knob Lick, KY
- Window Switch Replacement ($120 - $129) in Alta Vista, KS
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($61 - $103) in Harts, WV