Q:

Is there a design problem on the 3rd Generation Acura TL Engine Mounts? on 2004 Acura TL

Rookie cbe0621eac06868b3efe0d8d1d3611e23c60d3114864ea2ec19a68cfbd3eebab
My 2004 Acura TL just rolled to 90,000 miles and after taking in in several times for front end noise without any successful diagnosis, I determined that it must be a motor mount issue. I took it in and was told that all but one of the engine mounts and all but one of the transmission mounts had failed. I have NEVER experienced a motor mount failure on any car (I am 49 years old) and when I finally purchased my first new car (2004 Acura TL) for $36,000, I have this level of failure. Although I love the body style and overall design, this car from a quality stand point has been a sad disaapointment.
(1) Answer
(1) Comments
| |
There is only one Technical Service Bulletin from Acura regarding the engine mounts but nothing regarding failure, no recalls, I have seen some failures of the TL mounts on cars we work on, I drive a TL as well and love it.
It just seems odd to have multiple failures of engine and transmission mounts on a car with such low miles.

Engine Compartment hood gas-charged lifter (YR 6)
Fuel pump/regulator (YR 6)
3 of the 4 door handle trim pieces have all fallen off (at different times)(YR 3, $ 4 & 6)
Accessory outlet shorted (seldom used for charging my phone)(YR 8)
3 of 4 engine mounts and 2 transmission mmounts failed (YR 7-8)
Driver's seat adjustment motor currently is failing