Is the fuel pressure rail sensor the same as the fuel injector? on 2005 Ford Focus

Car sometimes delays when I start it. The diagnostic test says it is the fuel pressure rail sensor. That's why I'm wondering if the fuel injector is the same thing or something different than the fuel pressure sensor?

by in Irving, TX on September 30, 2013
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
2 answers 2 comments
ANSWER by , October 01, 2013
ANSWER by , September 30, 2013
It's called a FUEL RAIL PRESSURE SENSOR and that is exactly what it's purpose is! It senses the fuel pressure in the fuel rail that feeds the injectors. It then sends an electrical signal to the computer so it can adjust this pressure as needed. It is not the same thing as an injector, it just regulates the fuel pressure going to the injectors.
COMMENT by , October 01, 2013
Thanks pushrod
COMMENT by , October 01, 2013