1999 GMC Jimmy Q&A

1999 GMC Jimmy Question: Is it possible temporary to bypass compressor and any idea what size belt

Compressor pulley making noise to be replace -
Answer 1
A bypass pulley will have to be installed...dont think a shorter belt will clear compressor pulley. Bypass pulley is avail at NAPA, part # 6601823 cost about $35.00 and would have to be installed in place of compressor.... might as well fix exsisting compressor!... What about unhooking the clutch connector at the compressor.... still make noise? -
Comment 1
What would be proper compressor to replaces with I'm seeing several -