Is it normal for an alternator to go bad at just under 71,000 miles? Took it to an alternator shop to have it rebuilt. However, they were unable to find the needed parts to rebuild the Bosch alternator. Also the shop could not even find anyone that stocked a new alternator for it. Had to go to Auto Zone and buy a rebuilt one. They couldn't even get a new one for me because it was out of stock. Why would Buick put a Bosch alternator on their cars (German made)? I was also told these alternators do not last much over 70,000 miles. $200 every 70,000 miles? If this is true I would say it is a bad manufacturing idea or lemon. Any ideas on this?
Is it normal for an alternator to go bad at just under 71,000 miles? on 2009 Buick LaCrosse
Asked by for the 2009 Buick LaCrosse
This week's top 10
Recent Buick LaCrosse Questions
- can i get best car from online?
- Can I change my own transmission fluid on this car it has no pan or drain plug.
- Check engine light on. Immediately after pumping gas, it hesitates to start. But
- we have a backup camera and it does not have an alarm--is this normal?
- why does the oil pressure light stay on for about a minute when you start car
2009 Buick LaCrosse Estimates
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Papaikou, HI
- Heater Hose Replacement ($132 - $184) in Fisherville, KY
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($60 - $82) in Saint Gabriel, LA
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - $56) in Latexo, TX
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - $56) in Pinckneyville, IL
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($285 - $637) in Saint Elmo, AL