Is it normal for an alternator to go bad at just under 71,000 miles? Took it to an alternator shop to have it rebuilt. However, they were unable to find the needed parts to rebuild the Bosch alternator. Also the shop could not even find anyone that stocked a new alternator for it. Had to go to Auto Zone and buy a rebuilt one. They couldn't even get a new one for me because it was out of stock. Why would Buick put a Bosch alternator on their cars (German made)? I was also told these alternators do not last much over 70,000 miles. $200 every 70,000 miles? If this is true I would say it is a bad manufacturing idea or lemon. Any ideas on this?
Is it normal for an alternator to go bad at just under 71,000 miles? on 2009 Buick LaCrosse
This week's top 10
Recent Buick LaCrosse Questions
- How to repair the automated solid panel below sun/moon roof. Won't stay closed.
- I replaced the module and crank sensor but still not firing or injectors
- What would be the cost to have loose wiring for the drivers side head light
- Lost all power while driving on freeway... Whats the issue???
- what do i need to do in order to make the car stop running hot?