First noticed the speedometer dropped to 0 the started working then stopped, etc. The tachometer stopped completely, then idiot lights came on, starting witht the brake light, then seatbelt, etc. After parking, the engine idled high then low. I pulled the battery cable and it died. I hope it only the alternator but and concerned it might be more.
Is it my alternator and/or battery, or worse? on 2001 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
2001 Ford Escort Estimates
- 20,000 Mile Service ($115 - 171) in Pattison, MS
- Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($103 - 139) in Elmhurst, PA
- Exhaust Manifold Replacement ($389 - 520) in Enfield, NC
- Brake Pad Replacement ($153 - 211) in Wagarville, AL
- Engine Leak Inspection ($88 - 111) in Moses Lake, WA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($477 - 662) in Candor, NY