First noticed the speedometer dropped to 0 the started working then stopped, etc. The tachometer stopped completely, then idiot lights came on, starting witht the brake light, then seatbelt, etc. After parking, the engine idled high then low. I pulled the battery cable and it died. I hope it only the alternator but and concerned it might be more.
Is it my alternator and/or battery, or worse? on 2001 Ford Escort
Asked by for the 2001 Ford Escort
3 answersAugust 19, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- car will not turn over. good battery and alternator.
- The car starts fine when cold but after it warms up it I have trouble starting
- Replaced timing belt. Car turns over & has spark but won't start. Why?
- Front driver tire has excessive inner wear?
- What could cause my vehicle to want to die out at a stop and not want to start?
2001 Ford Escort Estimates
- Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($104 - $135) in Pattison, MS
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($57 - $261) in Elmhurst, PA
- Knock Sensor Replacement ($94 - $206) in Enfield, NC
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($177 - $210) in Wagarville, AL
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - $67) in Moses Lake, WA
- Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement ($25 - $30) in Candor, NY