First noticed the speedometer dropped to 0 the started working then stopped, etc. The tachometer stopped completely, then idiot lights came on, starting witht the brake light, then seatbelt, etc. After parking, the engine idled high then low. I pulled the battery cable and it died. I hope it only the alternator but and concerned it might be more.
Is it my alternator and/or battery, or worse? on 2001 Ford Escort
3 answersAugust 19, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- I have a 1993 ford escort was driving down the ran out gas car died and will not
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
2001 Ford Escort Estimates
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($268 - 349) in Pattison, MS
- AC Condenser Replacement ($402 - 507) in Elmhurst, PA
- Brake Shoe Replacement ($187 - 248) in Enfield, NC
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($124 - 187) in Wagarville, AL
- Horn Replacement ($170 - 183) in Moses Lake, WA
- Window Switch Replacement ($168 - 261) in Candor, NY