Had my oil changed and after appx 100 mi road trip my car started smoking with heavy white smoke. I am being told the oil seperator went bad on car, however, it has nothing to do with having oil changed just 3 days prior! I had no indication of any problem with white smoke, prior to oil change. As soon as my engine light came on, I pulled over and parked the car. It has been towed back to Firestone who did oil change and now they "deny responsiblity" for my issue! My car just turned over to 72,000 mi after oil change. Should this defective oil seperator been detected during oil change? Appx how much will this cost to have oil seperator replaced by Porsche dealer?
Is is probable an oil change can be related to an oil seperator prob on 2001 Porsche Boxster
This week's top 10
Recent Porsche Boxster Questions
- Why won't the windows go all the way up after top is closed and locked
- When I hit the brake pedal my cars rear end instantly pulls hard to the left.
- The engine check light went on ( yellow ), cylinder #2 compression leak.
- Brake hard and horn goes off,. then the steering wheel airbag indicator comes on
- Dssh lights stay on battery goes dead