Took vic in for 100k service and, along with other expected service, they came back with a "leaking transaxle" quoting cost of $6500 to repair. Vic stored in clean garage nightly with no sign of leaking beyond normal A/C condensation. No other indications/manifestations. Service mgr says leaking found after pulling wheels - cannot be repaired due to sealed transaxle, must be replaced. In addition to expected brakes and tires, plus steering column "stints that are failing to lubricate" ($1400 to replace column or temp lub for $484 with replacement inevitable) - total cost nearing $10K for a religiously (dealership) maintained vehicle. I'm feeling potentially abused.
Is cost of $6500 to "replace" a "leaking transaxle" on Lex RX400h reasonable? on 2006 Lexus RX400h
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus RX400h Questions
- Used regular antifreeze can drain it and out right one in
- I'm thinking about buying a 2008 RX400h with 108,000 miles. Yes or no ?
- I recently had to replace the rear struts and mounts at my local dealership. Now the ride is much stiffer and I feel every bump. The car had a very smooth, cushy ride before this service.
- My hybrid battery is draining very fast when I have my AC on. Why? It goes from almost full to just about empty within a min. Will the hybrid battery die while driving?
- Having issues with lexus rx400h after replacing axle